Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hoodstooth Pattern Decal

I was going to mention Scale Motorsport, but checking their patterns they're a bit too square and not quite matching houndstooth. 

They're out there, but I can't remember the supplier. But if you search for houndstooth pattern in Google Images, you'll find a zillion variations that you can manipulate for color and size, then print on decal paper.

Yeah, that would be the route I would go if I couldn't find a supplier. You can "tile" the image as your screen background, do a screen capture, then copy the pattern that way.

Hmmmm............close but not quite Houndstooth if one were to be particular..........

1960_thumb_1.jpg

1968-69 Camaro Houndstooth...........

serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.camaroin

Yep, Mr Obsessive I was that one also, it kinda close but not exactly on point. I think I`ll shot an e-mail to Matthew at Scale Motorsports inquiring if they have a hoodstooth upholstery decal sheet.

Edited by 69NovaYenko

Just a tip. You can print your own decals on either inkjet or laser decal paper; laser will print sharper at small scales, and if you make your graphics file to scale, you can take laser decal paper and a CD of your file to a place like Staples, Office Depot or UPS store for laser printing.

PS...For large-scale kits, say 1/12 or 1/8, you can get cotton cloth for inkjet printers at hobby shops like Michael's, Hobby Lobby or A.C.Moore. I found mine in the T-shirt decorating area. Faster to shop online.

Edited by sjordan2

Scale Motorsport used to make Houndstooth decals.  They were set #1970.  I have a sheet right here in front of me.  They're no longer in their catalog.  I'll try to get a photo posted a bit later; I'm on my way out to cut grass.

Edited by Deano