Model Cars Magazine Forum

Odd pic on Fujimi Ferrari kit

Hi all,

Curious what you make of this box art.  Its got 2 cars pictured, a Ferrari 365GTS4 and anther car in the back ground.

Is this a;

2 car kit or

a kit with 2 options to build or

simply misleading box art or

am I misreading the box art?

356.jpg

It was speculated when this kit came out that the car in the background would be the next one in that series. Well, unless I missed something, I've not seen it. :( I have that Daytona Spyder kit that you've shown------I built one when they first came out back in the '80's and I gotta tell ya...........it's a REAL HANDFUL! Not for the faint of heart at all!

A LOT of forethought needs to go into one of these......it's not an overnight project for sure. When finished, they're stunning models, and the one I have I may tackle it again someday. I have the coupe as well, and what I mentioned above applies to that one too.

It was speculated when this kit came out that the car in the background would be the next one in that series. Well, unless I missed something, I've not seen it. :( I have that Daytona Spyder kit that you've shown------I built one when they first came out back in the '80's and I gotta tell ya...........it's a REAL HANDFUL! Not for the faint of heart at all!

A LOT of forethought needs to go into one of these......it's not an overnight project for sure. When finished, they're stunning models, and the one I have I may tackle it again someday. I have the coupe as well, and what I mentioned above applies to that one too.

Great info, many thanks!

You definitely need to bring your A game when tackling EM kits but they are so worth it. I must have 4/5 built and about 4/5 waiting. Every one of them has been a test but I have passed them all. I have to finish my white on white Countach this year. Perhaps I'll drag it out this weekend and see where I left off.....................

It is a historical reference. The 365 GTB/4 and 365 GTS/4 cars were introduced in 1967, and were almost immediately -and unofficially- dubbed the "Daytona" in honor of the 1-2-3 victory of the Ferrari 330 P4 cars at the 1967 Daytona 24 hours. In first place was a P4 spyder, so it was appropriate that the 365 GTS/4 spyder had a 330 P4 spyder in the background.

Fujimi did kit a Ferrari 330 P4, it's not an EM series, in fact even with 120 parts it's a curbside, but eventually it was done.

OK, you know when you've got waaaaaay too many kits and you've got to step up your game and get more done! I do HAVE this very kit, and in fact I have HRM's full detail set for it! DUH! 

Mine is the coupe though and not the P4 Spyder shown on the Daytona Spyder's box art.

Now when I'll get to building it is another matter............ :P

You definitely need to bring your A game when tackling EM kits but they are so worth it. 

You ain't kiddin'! The Porsche 356's can be a handful too! :o

Edited by MrObsessive

• 2 weeks later...

I just started building that kit last week. It doesn't include the race car. There's even a PE kit still available for it. I got it from Stradasports in four days.

Hi all,

Curious what you make of this box art.  Its got 2 cars pictured, a Ferrari 365GTS4 and anther car in the back ground.

Is this a;

2 car kit or

a kit with 2 options to build or

simply misleading box art or

am I misreading the box art?

356.jpg

Edited by Mike C