Model Cars Magazine Forum

28 Ford Rat Rod ,on air ride ,

bpletcher55

build this after seeing a frame with air rid set up for a rat rod , I started with a Jimmy Flintstone body ,chopped it ,opened the roof ,and drivers door , scratch built a frame with an air ride system , motor is a Chevy S/B w/2-4,s custom headers , there are over 300 wholes that I drilled in the whole model , details go on and on , 

DSCN4604.JPG

DSCN4585.JPG

Edited by bpletcher55

build this after seeing a frame with air rid set up for a rat rod , I started with a Jimmy Flintstone body ,chopped it ,opened the roof ,and drivers door , scratch built a frame with an air ride system , motor is a Chevy S/B w/2-4,s custom headers , so on and so on  , 

Pics or it didn't happen... :)

Wayne , those are cantalever air bag mounts , the air bag inflates and pushes the cantalever up at the pivot the cantalever starts to move down , and that is how the suspension is rased up , air bag deflates and it pulls back and at the pivot point it moves up and that lowers the suspension ,

That is a way cool ride. I saw a show on YouTube about driving a rat rod a lot like that and a Lamborghini Aventador. The rat rod was totally impractical to drive. And as far as the attention they were getting, they thought guys would like the rat rod and girls would like the Lambo. But it turned out to be quite the opposite.

As a couple of others have said, I'm not really in to rat rods, but I am in to nice models.  This one really has a coolness factor that is off the charts!  I can appreciate all of the work you have put into this model.  I would love to see a few more pictures from different angles. 

"holes".
That is a wicked nice build! Sorry, I'm from New England. Some of us say "wicked".
Now I'm not one to be a fan of the "rat rod" movement, but your build is great! Like "Two Thumbs Up" great.
Most of us here don't say "Two Thumbs Up". Sorry.