Model Cars Magazine Forum
Chris Evans

The american graffiti cars

Has anyone ever came across these two cars the Bob Falfa 55 and the Milner coupe from the movie American Graffiti I would love to find these to cars.

Chris,

Both were never directly made in plastic but are both available in Die-cast. To make both in plastic would require kit bashing and maybe some scratch building.

This is to the best of my knowledge but I'm sure others on this forum would know more.

As I look at the box,,, AMT American Graffiti  1932 deuce coupe 1/25  #31967  

I have seen an MPC kit of the coupe. It is expensive though.

Probably cheaper to get a base kit and modify it to look like the movie cars.

I just looked on eBay and the one MPC kit that is listed is priced at $116.

You guys are awesome thanks for all the help with finding out about these models, thanks for the pictures Gerry.

Chris,

I've got the latest issue of the AMT kit. It's not a bad kit but there are some things that are different from the real car but that happens....

The Milner Coupe from MPC is just a Switchers kit in a different box. Most of the collectors want it for the box. 

2847511c031a7ba20d3086e2fb4696b3.jpg

32DeuceCoupeAmerGraffiti.jpg

AMT-38017-2.jpg

Has anyone ever came across these two cars the Bob Falfa 55 and the Milner coupe from the movie American Graffiti I would love to find these to cars.

Chris,

The Coupe was made by MPC in 1979 for More American Graffiti. It was reissued in 2003 by AMT with the title American Graffiti. It's the same kit. In 2001 Revell came out with Metal Body's versions of the Coupe and Chevy with 2 different scales. 1/24 and 1/18.   The Chevy in the movie was the car from 2 Lane Black Top. I don't know if they ever issued that car into model form.  I hope this helps you out. I bought all my Graffiti cars on Ebay.   I just finished building the AMT Coupe a few weeks ago. It has many pains but if done right it will turn out nicely. IMG_4194.thumb.JPG.a90be920f63b5486cf96c

Edited by Blackkat13

scale auto has an excellent how to article on correcting kit bodies to resemble graffiti 32 kit.  if you decide to build it ill dig thru the magizines and send u a copy of the article...let me know.

scale auto has an excellent how to article on correcting kit bodies to resemble graffiti 32 kit.  if you decide to build it ill dig thru the magizines and send u a copy of the article...let me know.

hey Jeff if ya can find it can ya send it to me. I pulled mine out today and tinkering with it!!!! I have the AMT kit. Not sure which one is better???

The Milner Coupe from MPC is just a Switchers kit in a different box. Most of the collectors want it for the box.

2847511c031a7ba20d3086e2fb4696b3.jpg

32DeuceCoupeAmerGraffiti.jpg

AMT-38017-2.jpg

One difference: The original Switchers kit had an unchpped top, the Graffiti version has a chopped top, as does the Boyd's issue. I don't know which top is in the Buyer's Choice reissue you show here. Can you tell us?

Revell did a '55 Diecast which builds up quite nicely. I modified mine to delete the front bumper, but otherwise it's pretty much stock OOB. It's the same size and very comparable in shape accuracy to the AMT '55 Bel Air.

hey Jeff if ya can find it can ya send it to me. I pulled mine out today and tinkering with it!!!! I have the AMT kit. Not sure which one is better???

will do...just had a thought..if u can send me ur email, ill scan it n send it to u

One difference: The original Switchers kit had an unchpped top, the Graffiti version has a chopped top, as does the Boyd's issue. I don't know which top is in the Buyer's Choice reissue you show here. Can you tell us?

I will dig out the kit and let you know. 

Jeff sent me the article on the build of the Milner Coupe. If anyone wants to see it I can post it up for all to see... let me know if you do and I'll figure out a section to post it in!!