Model Cars Magazine Forum

Easy Run Engine Test Stand Something Different

BobbyG

I thought I would take a break and do something different. As seem on Graveyard Cars is the Easy Run  Test stand. Need to finish the control panel wire harness and throttle controls. I plan to make the decals from pictures from Easy Run's website. 

8.gif

98.jpg

20160529_153823_resized_1.jpg

20160529_153845_resized_1.jpg

20160529_153858_resized_1.jpg

20160529_153907_resized_1.jpg

20160529_154210_resized_1.jpg

Thanks everyone for your comments.

This has been a fun build and thought it would be cool to display in a small case on my office desk.  All the pieces are  Evergreen and Plastruct with some square brass tubing. Small plastic bolts finishes it off. The wheels are made from the round ends of ski poles for the spokes. They are from the MPC 69 Grand Prix. Evergreen tubing for the tires. The radiator has P/E radiator mesh with Model Car Garages P/E electric fan. 

I wish it was easy enough to cast in resin but I'm not that good in making two piece molds. 

Thanks again enjoy this Memorial Day and think of our troops.

Edited by BobbyG

Wow, Bobby,somthing,tells me,if you wanted to cast copy s of that you could do it w/one hand behind your back! AWESOME stuff bro

Thanks every one for your great comments.

Shaun, I appreciate your comments. I'll talk to my friend Kevin Lutz if he wants to cast. I would have to make a new one that is dissembled. 

Thanks guys. I spoke with Kevin at Missing Links today, he's willing to take a shot at this if I make a second unassembled stand. I don't want to get your hopes up too high as this will take awhile because I want to get my 63 Plymouth Super Stock ready for him to assess and possibly cast. Just wish there was more time in a day. But it's all worth it!

Here's an update on the engine test stand, added decals and finished the control panel and throttle control.Need to add gas can and tray, battery and hardware and wire harness. Let me know what you think. Thanks again

20160606_141126_resized_1.jpg

20160606_141147_resized.jpg

20160606_141152_resized.jpg

20160606_141118_resized.jpg

Edited by BobbyG
duplicate pictures

• 2 years later...
On 6/6/2016 at 11:43 AM, BobbyG said:

Here's an update on the engine test stand, added decals and finished the control panel and throttle control.Need to add gas can and tray, battery and hardware and wire harness. Let me know what you think. Thanks again

20160606_141126_resized_1.jpg

20160606_141147_resized.jpg

20160606_141152_resized.jpg

20160606_141118_resized.jpg

Whoever is making this needs to stop , this is my run stand I have trademarked and patent. You may want to stop copying my stuff