Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Surf Woody

cobraman

Let me start by saying..........I hate this kit ! Almost just split it up for parts twice and still may. I really only bought it because I needed a pair of cheater slicks which this kit has. The problem was that they were way too skinny for my purposes. The suspension on this kit is really tough to build. At least they were for me. Your experience may be different. I lost interest in this kit early but thought I wanted to see it through. The results of loosing interest can clearly be seen here. Not a finished product I am proud of but since we are all friends here I thought I would post it anyway. Comments bad or worse are welcome !

This is not a subject I would have chosen, but I can appreciate hard work and skill when I see it. Despite your frustration and honesty, the build looks good. I don't see any tell tale signs of where you lost interest. God knows we've all been there.

SC

Ray, this type of car does not interest me to own myself,,,,,but really, do you think your build is that bad,,,because I don't, it actually looks pretty nice, in my opinion. you probably build more kits and contribute more finished builds than anyone on the forum, but in this case you're being far too hard on yourself.....the Ace....:)

Thanks guys. I took the pics to show this thing in the best light. : )  AC , your right I do build a bunch of kits. It's a wonder I ain't no better ! : ) I think I did 18 so far this year. Gotta get tougher kits so they take longer perhaps.

Ray it looks really good, Man.

Recently I bought 1 of these for the twin Paxton supercharged 289 engine that I used in a Cobra II that I built. When I was a younger I did also built one, and I seem to remember it not going together well.

Wish the builds I lost interest in turned out as well.