Model Cars Magazine Forum

TV Batmobile

Rider

Another completed build from a few years ago. This was painted with Tamiya acrylic NATO Black, (a really deep/dark flat green) it was then cleared with Tamiya clear that has had gold pearl mixed in. No polishing at all. 

The orange strips are decals. If I do another I will paint the orange pinstripes. 

Thanks for checking out these old builds, again sorry for no WIP photos. Once I get that '41 Willy's paint done I will move onto a WIP project more interestinG and share some photos. 

batmobile1.jpg

batmobile5.jpg

batmobile3.jpg

batmobile2.jpg

batmobile4.jpg

Edited by Rider

The decal stripes look good... why would you do them with paint next time? The only problem I see is where you ran the horizontal stripes past the grille opening stripes. That looks pretty weird, but otherwise the decal stripes look good.

BTW... "Batmobile" is one word... <_<

The decal stripes look good... why would you do them with paint next time? The only problem I see is where you ran the horizontal stripes past the grille opening stripes. That looks pretty weird, but otherwise the decal stripes look good.

BTW... "Batmobile" is one word... <_<

I'd paint them cause I can, same reason we build models, we enjoy the challenge. Ya there are a few mess ups with the decal, no biggie. Considering  the back pain I was in when I was doing them I am surprised any of them are straight. If I still had the kit I'd black them out. 

Thanks for the spelling lesson Harry, I know it's one word, :-), flipping auto correct and me being tired.  From now on I am going to pm you all my posts  for proof reading before I post them, sound good? ;-)

Thanks Jesse, do it man, they are great kits, especially the delux version, it has a turbine engine in it. 

I agree this and the Tumbler are the best of the lot.

Thanks for checking my build out and all the kind words of praise.

If I can, I would like to say this site sure has changed for the better over the past few years, it now is defiantly much more user friendly and welcoming. 

You lot might just have to put up with me a bit more from now on.

For sure!!  -Bet those decals were a bugger to put on! Very good job! Q:Did the photo etch grilles go in pretty well, or did you have to adjust them to fit properly?

Thanks Dan.  Actually the decals went on with little hassle. As for the PE grill, this version doesn't have the PE grill that must be the delux version.

Thanks again to all the members who have looked in on this and for the kind words.