Model Cars Magazine Forum

Begining to look like a car: Entering the home stretch

ismaelg

Hello,

OK, I promise I won't bother you any more until it's finished. Well, I'll try :D

Chassis, interior and body were mated today. Still a long way to go, but I hope to finish it in time to start the C6R that is on its way to me. I'll be out of the country in about a week so I want to finish it before leaving.

The prop is a 24:1 swab :D

DSCF2775b.jpg

DSCF2776b.jpg

DSCF2777b.jpg

Thanks,

Ismael

Lookin' fine 8)

I recognize that "vented" windshield :roll: :wink:

Had to tape it carefully from outside and glue it from the inside since I didn't test fit it properly before being commited to gluing it in this way. The windscreen and the hood hinge retainer to airbox inlet fit were the only problem areas I can remember.

Looks great! I love the Z06 in that yellow.

I just read a co-worker's August issue of Automobile (with the Mercedes gullwing concept on the cover) and they have a yellow 2008 "Z07" in there on pg. 56.

It's a proposed limited production Vette and basically looks like the yellow C6-R without the rear wing. It's mentioned that within GM the code names for the Z07 are "Blue Devil" & "Sting Ray".

It's a proposed limited production Vette and basically looks like the yellow C6-R without the rear wing. It's mentioned that within GM the code names for the Z07 are "Blue Devil" & "Sting Ray".

The Blue Devil project has been around for over a year and a half. It is supposed to be a supercharged 600+ HP monster weighting less than 3000 pounds. It is "suppose" to be kept officially under wraps until Jan 1st, to be unveiled as a 2008 MY...

I can't afford it. But I'm already in line to get Revell's version. :o

Thanks,

The Blue Devil project has been around for over a year and a half. It is supposed to be a supercharged 600+ HP monster weighting less than 3000 pounds. It is "suppose" to be kept officially under wraps until Jan 1st, to be unveiled as a 2008 MY...

I can't afford it. But I'm already in line to get Revell's version. :o

Thanks,

You and me both! And wouldn't it be cool if it was 700hp??!! I think I've heard that it might happen.

"Sting Ray! What a great idea! But, if the limited edition ever really happens, I'm voting for the Shinoda version:

ShinodaC5-01.jpg