Model Cars Magazine Forum

went to MICHAELS cause you`ll said they had models  well they do BUT !!  man they are expensive  - so i`ll stick to  H.L. plus they give  coupon`s  - anybody ever built  [ DAN FINKS METALWORKS speed wagon  ]  ??? picked it up at  H.L. for  $ 16.00

Michael's does have models, but not near the selection that Hobby Lobby has. I think you may have seen the thread where the Michael's in someone's area had some kits on clearance. Clearance prices vary by location...just because one store has stuff clearances, doesn't mean any others will. I haven't been in a Michael's forever, but I don't think their prices are really any more than Hobby Lobby's prices are they? And as far as I know, Michael's has the same 40% off one item coupon that Hobby Lobby has. They have it now, and they've always had it in the past when I've gone.

$16 for a model kit? My heart bleeds!  Here in Switzerland a new Revell USA kit costs around $40.

that price is usually ONLY if the models are on sale or with a coupon.

I'd guess it evens out, most kits imported to the USA have premium pricing that may equal or exceed the cost of exported USA kits.

I gave up on Michaels a couple years ago. Prices too high, selection to poor....I could go on.....

I typically don't worry about price too much if it's one I want, although considering their selection is poor at best, I don't make any special attempt to visit any of their stores, since they're mostly out of the way for me and the one near work probably doesn't have the selection the HTU I work for has either.