Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC Pepsi Chevelle / Laguna

Mr Stock

Finished this one up tonight, I enjoyed building this one it is a typical 70s era MPC kit, I think they used a universal type chassis and engine on these kits and they are a bit light on detail so I didn't go overboard on it.
It's built straight from the box, and I used Holts car spray paint. 
Of all the models I've built over the years this is my first stock car, I'm happy with it .......from 6ft away !

20160531_235925.jpg

20160531_235723.jpg

20160531_235740.jpg

20160531_235703.jpg

Edited by Mr Stock
Spelling error

Looks good, that's not a shake & bake kit by any means.

Bruce thats a real good way of describing this kit Lol, you are absolutely correct though, it took a lot of fiddling to get the "adjustable" wheelbase to look somewhere half decent.

Nice job on a finicky kit! I bought one from a fellow club member that had been "Started" and when I got home I discovered the decals, cylinder heads and a few little parts where gone! 

Luckily I had some old decals in my stash for the Hawaiian Tropic issue and I used those. But I just picked up a fresh one and plan on doing it in the Pepsi colors. 

Nice job on a finicky kit! I bought one from a fellow club member that had been "Started" and when I got home I discovered the decals, cylinder heads and a few little parts where gone! 

Luckily I had some old decals in my stash for the Hawaiian Tropic issue and I used those. But I just picked up a fresh one and plan on doing it in the Pepsi colors. 

Thanks Jesse, it's nice to have a kit that doesn't fall together sometimes, makes it a bit more challenging lol, the Pepsi decals were not the nicest I've used to be honest, man they are thick decals !.

I also need to do a big shoutout and thankyou to Dave Van, I used his excellent Fotki tutorial on making these MPC stockers go together a lot easier. 

Edited by Mr Stock

Thanks Jesse, it's nice to have a kit that doesn't fall together sometimes, makes it a bit more challenging lol, the Pepsi decals were not the nicest I've used to be honest, man they are thick decals !.

I also need to do a big shoutout and thankyou to Dave Van, I used his excellent Fotki tutorial on making these MPC stockers go together a lot easier. 

Unfortunately the guy I got the kit from had glued the chassis together and the wheelbase is a bit off. But it is just a shelf model with no engine in it! 

• 2 weeks later...