Model Cars Magazine Forum

1985 Kenworth T600 Custom

Since the majority of custom semi tractor models seem to be based on "traditional" styled rigs, I decided to see what I could do with an aero tractor. I had a partially-built AMT Anteater, a box full of spares, and some photos of '30's-era Kenworth trucks, so I decided to go with a kind of retro-modern theme. I didn't want a lot of brightwork or loud colors, so it's painted in Ford Cayman Green with a basic black chassis and gray wheels. 

I may add some skirts to the cab to minimize the gap between the rocker panels and side steps, and I might paint those side steps to match the chassis, in the future. I may also fix the hood- despite the fact that it opened wide enough to view the engine in every test fit, on the finished model it only opens about 1/4" before the hinges bind on something. So... the hood is staying closed for now. At least until I'm sure that the clear has fully cured.

003_zpspae20nal.jpg

004_zpswllfjiqs.jpg

005_zpsnci2ikzd.jpg

Edited by Chuck Most

wow, great renovation! looking somewhat lowered, the frame is extended?

It is lowered. I wouldn't say the frame is stretched- it's just a sleeper-cab chassis used with a day cab. The rear section of frame came from a junked KW snap kit. 

Hmmm That looks good  ! Where did you get the day cab panel ? Weedburner exhaust??

Be Well

Gator

Thanks guys!

Yep- weedburner exhaust, Marc- I just used the modified kit piece. I made the day cab panel from .030" styrene sheet. 

Thanks guys!

Yep- weedburner exhaust, Marc- I just used the modified kit piece. I made the day cab panel from .030" styrene sheet. 

I thought that might be the case. Anyway you did a nice job on the cab panel.

Be Well

Gator