Model Cars Magazine Forum

1925 Ford Model T Pickup

Finished this up today.  It's from the AMT Fruit Wagon kit.  The build was basically box-stock, but I didn't exactly follow the instructions.  The only thing I added was the 1925 New York license plate.  The body is Testors Gloss Black, and the canopy is Tamiya Semi-Gloss Black.

2016-06-02%2017.31.17_zps07lzrpzq.jpg

2016-06-02%2017.31.37_zpss5bdsxs6.jpg

2016-06-02%2017.31.56_zpstyeoo8kz.jpg

2016-06-02%2017.32.18_zpsljirzpoe.jpg

In the end, it was you typical AMT kit (flash in odd places; thick, out of scale parts; ejector pin marks in places that you can't get to; bullet-proof glass).  Would I build another one?  Probably.  It was an interesting build.

Again, I want to thank Mike Laliberte (Lunnajammer) & Harry Pristovnik (Harry P.) for inspiring me to do the wood spokes; and to do this build in general.

Here is the build thread (for what it's worth): http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/100967-1925-ford-model-t-pickup/

Edited by Jim B

Thanks, Gator.  There were some head scratching moments with that C-cab, so finally I said, "The heck with that!" and built it like this inspiration photo:

Not totally sure about that spare tire mount, though.  Looks like a leather strap.