Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT ' 68 Galaxie complete

smellyfatdude

• 1 month later...

I finally finished doing the detailing on the seats, panels and console. The interior is reasonably accurate, though somewhat faintly engraved, in spots. The only thing completely absent was the trim around the seats, which I simulated with some evergreen strips. The dash and steering wheel are next, then assembling the chassis. The chrome on the bumpers will need to be redone, but I have a plan. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, kelson. Here's the interior 100% finished. I foiled the dash, then carefully painted the woodgrain with Tamiya X-9 brown, and just a wee smushel (yes, we're making that in to a word!) of white paint dabbed on the speedo. I made a turn signal stalk from evergreen, though you really can't see it in these shots.

And here's the body, marker lights and emblems painted with the glass in. I've been hunting high and low trying to find the set of Firestone pad printed radials I bought last year. If I can't find 'em then I'll just use the kit whitewalls, as they're still in mint shape.

Hope to have more soon!

I can totally understand taking everything very slow and careful.

Umm . . . . that's what I tell myself, when I feel like I'm being too lazy on this project. :lol:

I couldn't find my pack of white letter tires, but I found a nice set in the AMT ' 69 Cougar orange plastic re-issue that I bought by mistake (duh, read the sticker on the end of the box).

The five spoke rims are from the Revell ' 70 Torino GT kit. Now, it's time to start gluing all the bits to the bottom! ;)

Thanks for the compliments. So, I flipped a coin and glued the front axles on in the "lowered" position. I don't usually win when I gamble, but I think this one's a win. It sits just where I want it to. And here's the finished underside. You can see the rear wheelwells peaking out, like Kelson mentioned. I'll have to carefully saw that away, so it's not visible on the finished build. Other than that, no major issues. :D