Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya FXX K 1/24th scale New Pics 5/13/17

Randy D

• 4 months later...

Hi Folks,

Thank you Kevin, my apologies for not replying sooner.  They hose clamps are pe by Detail Master with the screw part from a short piece of nickel silver tubing and a RBMotion socket head screw stuck in it.

Thanks Tim!!  

Appreciate JC!

Calling the engine compartment done with the final additional wiring.. 

IMG_4326.JPG

IMG_4329.JPG

IMG_4330.JPG

IMG_4331.JPG

IMG_4332.JPG

IMG_4333.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Ben,  Appreciate it as always Sir !

Hi Brian,  Thank you :D

Thank you Dan !!

The last project on this one is to give the cockpit a race car flavor.  Looked at a lot of different LeMans cars and used this reference pic for the main inspiration for my efforts. I really liked the hi tech water bottle/thermos thingy that is hooked up to the driver's helmet....

086-2016-ford-gt-ganassi-sebring-prep.jpg

IMG_5774.JPG

IMG_5777.JPG

IMG_5779.JPG

IMG_5780.JPG

IMG_5791.JPG

IMG_5798.JPG

IMG_5801.JPG

IMG_5822.JPG

IMG_5849.JPG

IMG_5857.JPG

IMG_5862.JPG

IMG_5872.JPG

Randy, love the amount of detail you're putting into this bad boy of power!!!!! However the tire seams catch the eye!! I know they'll be under wraps when built and won't be seen much...

Beautiful build however!!!!!! Love the Ferrari's myself!!!!

Holy Smokes Randy... This thing is insane!! It was sure great to see it at DSC but I seriously missed you at GSL. So glad to see you back at the bench working this. Keep up the great work. Killer detailing work going on here.

I got to pleasure to see this in person earlier in April , and you think the photo's are impressive,  you will be blown away seeing it in person, I was in awe, and getting the pleasure to meet Randy.  I really enjoyed getting to talk with him for a short bit.

What exquisite detail Randy.  The proper scale and attention to the smallest component sets an all new level for detail.  I am completely overwhelmed with your efforts to replicate the different scale, texture and materials to bring the interior to life.   Great to have the doors swing up that way so everyone can really appreciate the efforts you put into it.  Thanks for the post.  Cheers, Tim