Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya FXX K 1/24th scale New Pics 5/13/17

Randy D

Randy, this is really looking good.  I still haven't decided on my color choice.  Studio 27, BTW, is producing two decal sets for other color combinations.  Even though I already have the kit, I likely won't build it until after the move back west.  I'll be watching your progress on this!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Thanks Paul!

Hi Chris,  Thanks buddy!  (belated Happy Birthday:D)

Thank you Brian!

Scott,  I knew what that part was, I just didn't want to use big words so you folks north of the border could follow along:D

Ben,   Did not know they made one for this kit! I got the Tamiya add on set...

Hi Dennis, Thank you for commenting !

Thanks Tony!!

Hey Tim,  Appreciate it!

Hi Gerry,  I have seen the yellow and white ones and like them both.

Hi Ryan,  Thanks for following!

Hi Fabrizio,  Thank you my friend!

Busy with summer stuff but the weather has been good and got some paint on this one...

Will let this dry out for a few days and then I have some clean up work to do.   I really struggled with the candy paint job keeping an even finish on all the separate body pieces.  Will see how it looks with the decals on it.

Thanks for looking !

Randy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Shaun,  Thank you and here is what I used...

IMG_3443_zps80klkftv.jpg

Thank Scott!

Hi Ben,  Thanks, have you started yours yet?

Thanks Tim !!

You guys are too kind with the comments on the paint.  Have yet to finish up that part.

Some progress to show...

Some reference shots taken from the LaFerrari parts catalog. ....

227_038_zpsphsr5jux.gif

227_014_zpsiehwosvy.gif

227_021_zps2g8slhr8.gif

Made the decision to simplify the plumbing of the four different oil coolers that are mounted behind the screens in front of the rear wheel tubs.  I will run the piping directly to the coolers and not try to model the various values, filters and manifolds that you can see in the diagrams.

The engine oil cooler is the larger one on the passenger side.  I ran lines  between the oil pump on the lower right side of the motor block to the cooler then from the cooler to the oil reservoir.

The transaxle has two sets of lines.  One set runs from the left side rear of the transaxle over the top of the transaxle then up to the smaller cooler on the right side.

The second set runs from the left side of the transaxle by the axle and up to the smaller (upper) cooler on the left side.

The big square box gets lines running to the second cooler on the left side.

Using the braided lines from 'Pro-Tech' .   Ferrari does not use the standard A&N fittings for these lines.  I made my versions using some plastic nut, bolt and washer castings from Tichy ,  nickel silver tubing from Albion and some copper colored nuts from RB Motion.

IMG_3474_zpspynr7p7f.jpg

IMG_3461_zps4srioq2v.jpg

IMG_3459_zpsn3uoo4kn.jpg

IMG_3498_zpsmmqcqzio.jpg

IMG_3467_zpsc32guzyb.jpg

IMG_3471_zps7nzdsmjm.jpg

IMG_3510_zpsgysqazic.jpg

IMG_3515_zpsipkfi2bf.jpg

IMG_3506_zpscravcuoj.jpg

Thanks for looking in!

Randy

Edited by Randy D

Whew, I was starting to wonder when the next update might be coming..................just in time.  Fantastic details you're adding and I like the fact you're taking the time to document and share for us how you're doing it and what you're using.  I had a big smile when I saw the pic of Albion Alloy tubes on your desk. For those scratch builders looking for a great source for hard to find sizes and materials, check em' out.  Sorry Randy for the mini hi-jack.   I won't do it again.  Can't wait to see the painted car in totality. Cheers, tim

Randy.... Incredible updates my friend. Man that Candy Red paint looks killer and Wow all of the detail to the engine and everything you are doing is insane. Its putting my Funny Car to shame....lol. The details on your car are so much smaller than what I am working with. You are the Man!

• 1 month later...