Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya FXX K 1/24th scale New Pics 5/13/17

Randy D

Hi Folks,

Thank you Scott!!

Hey Chris,  thanks for the kind words buddy.  This one has me building like crazy I'm really enjoying it.

Thanks Ben !!!

Hi Jesse,  Thank you !

Thanks Tony !!

Hi Kerry,  Glad you like it so far!

Thanks Mark, having fun building this one.

Thanks Tim !! think you will enjoy it.

Hi Paul,  Thank you!

Hi Art,  Appreciate it my friend!

BVG500,     The orange wires came from a bunch of miniature lights for my train stuff.  Don't have the package but here is a pic of the light. Of course I can't find my calipers but it is a bit smaller than some 24 gauge hook up wire from Radio Shack. So maybe 28 gauge???   Painted the wires with Tamiya orange ( rattle can).

IMG_3329_zpsx8ri3c3w.jpg

The oil & water tank kit piece...

IMG_3253_zpseiddi7d4.jpg

is just mocked up in the previous posts, you do not want to glue it in until the top chassis piece is mounted over the engine:D

the upper chassis piece...

IMG_3157_zpsbrhtqlyo.jpg

suspension parts going together..

IMG_3265_zpstcgidaql.jpg

IMG_3264_zps9q7fodqc.jpg

more plumbing.....

IMG_3256_zpsa9jafnim.jpg

Assembling the two chassis halves then gluing in the tank piece..

IMG_3261_zps9q8ebcl0.jpg

IMG_3258_zps6pedotzf.jpg

Thanks for looking in!

Randy

Edited by Randy D

I miss old model instructions where they taught you engine anatomy as you assembled the kit.

So I have to ask, what the heck is that box thing at the back of the transmission with all the orange wires???

Those research pics are great and man that is one complicated bit of engineering

I miss old model instructions where they taught you engine anatomy as you assembled the kit.

So I have to ask, what the heck is that box thing at the back of the transmission with all the orange wires???

Those research pics are great and man that is one complicated bit of engineering

MGU(Motor Generator Unit)

image.thumb.jpeg.57c5a29f8834b11340b45bb

My first attempt. I ruined the body work trying to strip a bad paint job. I'm looking at using the scale motor sport 1/12 wire for my next attempt. I am going to try and copy your technique. It's the best I've seen.

Ben

image.jpeg

Hi Folks,

Hey Scott, Lets try to keep up Buddy:D  I Know what  you mean, on the GT 40 build I know what everything was and did in 1969.  These modern race cars are a mystery!

Thank you Kerry!

Thanks Dale!

thanks for following Shaun !

Hi Elyashiv,  Thank you for the comment!

Hey Tim,  Thank you my friend, trying to get something done an posted in the 'Under Glass' section.  6 years I've been here and no finishes:(

that is just scary Bruce:P

Thanks Fabrizio !!!

Hi Ben,  That wire looks fine, good find, bummer about your paint.  Your car looks great, like the dark wheels.

small update....

Working on the air intake system,  Tamiya provides  beautiful parts along with the 'Ferrari' scripts in metal transfers. I added some hose clamps from 'Detail Master' and I made the little fasteners from a piece of nickel silver tube with a RBmotion socket head cap screw.  Also used the carbon fiber decals for the first time.  

IMG_3278_zpslpsml2vf.jpg

IMG_3272_zpsh1b5qm8q.jpg

IMG_3304_zps1hmjnwbz.jpg

IMG_3311_zpssod7x0sg.jpg

IMG_3333_zpsb3gqy9ww.jpg

IMG_3330_zpsxfq5rpwa.jpg

IMG_3342_zps7lwnhumy.jpg

That is all for tonite, Thanks for looking in!

Randy

Edited by Randy D