Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya FXX K 1/24th scale New Pics 5/13/17

Randy D

Hi Folks,

For some reason this one caught my eye at my LHS.   I have a couple of large scale Tamiya auto kits in the stash but have never built a car model from this company. Have built a good number of Tamiya's aircraft and armor kits over the years and have been impressed with their newer offerings.

IMG_3134_zpshuqa7sqp.jpg

I am counting on Tamiya's engineering reputation to make all these body parts....

IMG_3182_zpso0lnw0to.jpg

come out looking like this and be functioning....

DSC_1722_zps5zotbolm.jpg

In other words ....I hope I don't screw this up:)

Some work on the motor...

IMG_3145_zpsn03r0uxm.jpg

Adding some plug wiring and plumbing for the Kers system...

IMG_320620-20Copy_zpspxrzvdmm.jpg

IMG_3202_zps3fgk2v4a.jpg

Thanks for looking in!

Randy

Edited by Randy D

Randy.... WOW... I am sure looking forward to seeing you put your skills to work my friend. Excited to see you back at the bench. The detail you have done on the engine is amazing so far. I will be following along and looking forward to more on this build.

Hi Folks,

Thank you Peter !

Chris,   Thanks buddy and hope you get your a/c fixed today!!

Hi JC,  Thank you,  I am taking a little break on the GT40.  Got a little frustrated on the next parts for the engine.

Thank you Curtis, l did like the yellow one but leaning towards the box art but maybe more of a candy red????

Thank you Steve !

Appreciate it Lloyd.

Jonathan,    It was listed full price at $64...their price of $57..I used $10.00 off in coupons. Add back some sales tax and I'm all in at just under $50.00

I picked up the pe set and the carbon fiber decals for this from Mega Hobby for I think $23.00

Hey Scott,  Glad you like it so far my friend !  That house getting done yet????

Thank Tony!

hi Folks,

Thank you BVC500 !

Hi Ben,  Glad you like it so far.

Thanks John !

Hello Elyashiv,  Thank you for commenting !

Thanks Chris !

Curtis had asked about color schemes for this one.  I'm going with the box art.   I did find some renderings of this scheme that displays a bit of a different red. I'm thinking of almost a candy red.......

For Ben G,  Hard to find much  wiring and plumbing reference on these cars right now.  Best I have so far is using the street version, La Ferrari,  as a starting point.......

I'm combining these pics plus the parts catalog pics and a few shots of the car with the rear clip raised to give me a plan..

let me post this then I will add more...

The parts catalog is available online at.......http://www.eurospares.co.uk/

Elyashiv,  The engine so far has been painted using these......

IMG_3314_zpsgvzmpkjw.jpg

They have quite a few colors in this line.  The trany was using the Gold and the block Dura aluminum.  You will see more of these as I go along.   They come ready to use thru an airbrush, go on really nice and dry in 20 minutes.   Best used over the gloss black primer they have. I got mine from Sprue Brothers..... Bottom of the page.

http://store.spruebrothers.com/category_s/2293.htm?searching=Y&sort=7&cat=2293&show=60&page=9

Small progress tonite....

IMG_3238_zpsznp7a8p7.jpg

Since the exhaust  is only seen from above at a distance I used the screen material in the kit to create the texture with paint...

IMG_3184_zpseemgnmn1.jpg

The  shielding over the pipes coming off the block is a bit more visible and closer so I replicated those parts with tin foil  embossed over a pin vise

IMG_3251%201_zpsccazdisb.jpg

Thanks for looking in!

Randy

Edited by Randy D