Model Cars Magazine Forum

76 nova 1/ 25 replica

disconovaman

Just reporting in Guys, something that I rarely take time to do is reorganize my bench.Today I decided that it was time to regroup and clear my bench and get everything back in order. I don't know how it gets the way it does. I definitely don't have a problem with wrecking the place if I'm trying to find something. Lol!

Anyway,  when I get all my supplies back on my work bench I'll be taking off on the nova build for all the finishing touches and final assembly.

20160722_143004.jpg

This is an mpc kit from 1977 I've had for about 10 years and today I just broke the seal on this 40 year old brand new nova. I had always planned on building it and I'm glad I waited  because I'll be using the Revell 69 nova chassis. The fit is a little tight but with some slight modifications it's gonna work great. I can't wait to start on this project. I'll start a brand new thread when I finish my 1.1 nova I'm working on now. 

20160722_222938.jpg

20160722_222959.jpg

I think It'll fit. It's a good X body sub frame chassis. I'm not into it yet but as far as can tell the firewall and engine compartment may need refigured. And since the MPC is a hatchback, I need to cut the wheelwells out of the revell chassis.