Model Cars Magazine Forum

Track Nose Roadster

Intmd8r

I blame my subscription to Hot Rod Deluxe for this one.

Started off with a Jimmy Flinstone body and a modified AMT Model T chassis.  I didn't like the front clip of the Flintstone body, so everything from the cowl forward was pieced together from my parts bin.  Some parts, including the Offenhauser engine were sourced from from a Kurtis Midget.

Hope you like it

photo image_zpsfyg3dbgu.jpeg photo image_zpszil7ahcg.jpeg photo image_zpsd8anfpjw.jpeg photo image_zpsktsdbxqx.jpeg photo image_zps1k7ahshj.jpeg photo image_zps82csitoz.jpeg photo image_zpshvfxhmir.jpeg photo image_zpshzxcuhl8.jpeg

Gorgeous! Sounds like I need to subscribe to Hot Rod Deluxe...

Careful - it could be dangerous.....:P

Thanks everyone.  I bought the body "just because" and started the build with just an idea and no real plan or direction.  Its kinda fun to see how it ends up.

Awesome!! Has a very authentic look and great combination of parts. I love the track nose and monogrammed nerf bar in front. The chrome roll bar is such a 50s-looking detail that most people leave out these days, in models and 1:1. With the offy mill this thing would haul a$$!

Awesome!! Has a very authentic look and great combination of parts. I love the track nose and monogrammed nerf bar in front. The chrome roll bar is such a 50s-looking detail that most people leave out these days, in models and 1:1. With the offy mill this thing would haul a$$!

Glad you like it. I would have overlooked the nerf bar and chrome roll bar as well, but I literally received a Hot Rod mag in the mail when I started the build. The feature car was a T roadster with similar features.

Figuered if these details were good enough to be a feature car 60yrs later, it's good enough for my build.

The Offy was simply to make this a little different.

SC

Many of the pics I saw of old modified Ts had the steering linkage coming out of the side, like I did here. Yup, I did forget to plug that hole in the firewall.

Never claimed I did a good job on this lol

You're right, I totally missed that :wacko:!  Maybe you don't claim its a good job, but I will!