Model Cars Magazine Forum

If I hit the lottery

Good day all

Was thinking about this today. If I hit the lottery (50 mil plus) how would I spend it. After paying my sons college loans, fixing some things around the house, giving some to family and friends, take a vacation, and put some away for a rainy day. I now turn to the bucket list of cars. In particular order I'd look to purchase one of the following cars:

1970-72 Buick GS

1968-1971 Camaro (Z28, RS, or SS)

1968-68 Super Bee, GTX, Roadrunner 383 or 440

1970 Trans Am

1970-72 Plymouth Cuda (340, 440, Hemi or AAR doesn't matter)

1967-70 Mustang (GT, Mach 1, Boss 302 or 429)

1970 Plymouth Superbird

1968-72 Chevelle SS 396 or 454

1968-71 Mercury Cyclone or Cyclone Spoiler

1970 Ford Torino GT or Cobra

1969-70 Mercury Cougar (Eliminator is preferred)

1968-72 Olds 442 or Hurst Olds

1963-71 Corvette

1966-74 Chevy Nova SS

1970-71 Plymouth Duster or 1971 Dodge Demon

Finally last one 1959 Impala 2 door. Soft spot here as my Mom (God rest her soul) had an original.

However I'd have to win the lottery first. I can dream can't I ?

Edited by JerseeJerry55

I'm not the kinda guy who would keep more than I can use. My post-lottery win would be something like this.

First, I'd put myself through the best automotive schools and welding/body work schools. And build hot rods for the rest of my life and be insanely happy.

My collection would consist of -

1 project hot rod 

The previous project hot rod for driving and enjoying, car shows etc.

A '66 or '67 Charger built with modern components (engine/suspension). Something very reliable for partaking in hot rod runs like the Hot Rod Power Tour.

A '69 GTO for the wife built in similar fashion as the Charger.

A modern muscle car. This would change yearly as I would just lease it for a while and drive the wheels off it.

A cool truck for the wife and for parts runs.

That's about it. 

No offense but I think you already posted a very similar thread.

Actually the question is quite different... there's a big difference between my list of favorite cars and ones I'd buy when (note I didn't say if) I win the lottery...

I'm with Rob on this one.  I've owned 4-6 cars and find I still drive the same one every day!  My collector type cars can be ignored for months at a time.   Owning cars is a big responsibility to keep them rolling.

When I win the lottery I'd like to buy one of those vacant car dealership buildings and start my own old car business. That way I could buy and sell old cars, drive what I want when I want, and overall just play cars all day, every day!   The business wouldn't need to actually make any money, but it would be nice if it didn't lose any either.

First, I'd put everything in storage and travel for at least a year. See parts of the world I haven't already (Africa and New Zealand tor two), take photographs, eat, write, paint...always wanted to ride a train all the way across Canada...

Then I'd build a small but comfortable, solar-powered off-grid house from recycled shipping containers, where the humidity was low and I couldn't see my neighbors...in a dry climate.

Image result for beach container homes     Add a garage big enough to comfortably work on 6 cars, and a separate fabrication / machine shop, and a paint booth.

I probably wouldn't buy anything as far as cars go, just find good homes for what I already have and spend the rest of my life building my own designs and painting and sculpting.

Yeah, that would work. B)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Though of this one a lot(it happens when you get older) and after the "taking care of friends and family" and buying several nice condos in various parts of the world to enhance the travel experience, the list would be pretty short and specific:

1969 GTO Judge Ram Air IV - any color but carousel red - very rare

1970 AAR cuda - love the 340 engine

New Porsche 918 spyder- Got to have a hybrid in there some place-;)

1969 280 SL 'Benz - Friend's dad had one in college in Ice Blue.  Loved cruzing in that car.

New BMW M6 for the daily driver.

And a pickup - not sure which one but an early 50's model just for kicks.

Yea, it is quite an eclectic group of cars, but I am just that type of person. 

Actually the question is quite different... there's a big difference between my list of favorite cars and ones I'd buy when (note I didn't say if) I win the lottery...

I'm with Rob on this one.  I've owned 4-6 cars and find I still drive the same one every day!  My collector type cars can be ignored for months at a time.   Owning cars is a big responsibility to keep them rolling.

When I win the lottery I'd like to buy one of those vacant car dealership buildings and start my own old car business. That way I could buy and sell old cars, drive what I want when I want, and overall just play cars all day, every day!   The business wouldn't need to actually make any money, but it would be nice if it didn't lose any either.

Ditto that, hey there's a vacant Chevy dealer right around the corner from my house now that I think of it...... Hmmmm, may have to pick up a ticket tonight!!!!!!

Except mine would be a hot rod shop selling and trading hot rods and customs...... Yeah yeah

Except mine would be a hot rod shop selling and trading hot rods and customs...... Yeah yeah

Hey! I might have hot rods and customs at my place too!  What ever hits ya when you look at cars!  Now you could always hit the "BUY IT NOW" button!   :-)

Oh, there was a topic on talk radio on my way home the other night about bucket list items.  Mine was that I'd take a month long trip to Australia and bring back a  Valiant Charger and a VC Valiant Ute!  

Heck, I'd buy the rights to the Johan name, and then start producing new model kits.

Then get a 1/1 stock Model A Ford touring car, and restore my Dad's old 1961 Chevy Pickup.

After that a Jeep CJ-5 and buy and sell various Rods/Muscle Cars as I wanted them and got tired of them. Don't really want to have to "own" and keep track of more than 5-6 cars at a time.

Edited by alexis
spelling errors

After paying out the final 4 years on our mortgage and enjoying being 100% debt-free, I'd immediately go out and buy a nice acreage. And I'd build an airplane hangar that would serve as my garage, and would of course have my own lounge and hang out area, including a stage an PA for my band.

As for vehicles...I wouldn't go too nuts. 

1992 Porsche 964 RS

1992 VW Transporter Syncro Doka

1969 Charger Daytona

1975/76 Ford Falcon XB GT - Mad Max replica

Plus some daily drivers for my wife and I. She wants a new Volvo XC90 to replace her older XC90. I'd have a new Ram truck of some kind. And a new Aston Martin Vanquish.

And then I'd spend a lot more time buying guitars.

Edited by iamsuperdan

First thing I'd do is leave California ! All that any-one would see of me would be butt cheeks and elbows .

A sabbatical would definitely be in order , too . I'm thinking that travelling to Germany , Spain , Japan , Wales , Scotland , Ireland , and England would "suffice" ;)

An underground garage would be in order ; resistant to the elements --esp in a locale that's not prone to earthquakes .

As far as dream vehicles :

- 1969 COPO Chevelle

- 1969 COPO Camaro

- 1968 COPO Nova ( think : Fred Gibb 375 hp 396 with TH-400 )

- 1971-1972 GMC Sprint SP-1

- 1964 Chevelle Custom 300 2 door wagon

- 1953-1955 F-100 in 60's custom livery

- 1958-1959 Ford Ranchero or Fairlane

- 1971 Swinger Special 340

- 1972 Swinger Special 340

- Baldwin-Motion Phase III 1970-1973 Camaro

- 1971-1972 Matador coupe

I could go on and on ...

Hey! I might have hot rods and customs at my place too!  What ever hits ya when you look at cars!  Now you could always hit the "BUY IT NOW" button!   :-)

Oh, there was a topic on talk radio on my way home the other night about bucket list items.  Mine was that I'd take a month long trip to Australia and bring back a  Valiant Charger and a VC Valiant Ute!  

my only problem is I'd open a rod and kustom shop but if keep them all to myself..... Lol

I'd get a beach house in Oregon, a place in Tehachapi, and a place in Palm Springs.

I's like to donate to various worthwhile projects. I'd like to have a REAL library with a fireplace!

I'd collect WW2 Pacific war artifacts, especially Japanese.

as for cars, i can think of a bunch.

Practically any American car ever made!

4 doors, everyday drivers more than a ton of muscle cars.

60 Plymouth 9 passenger wagon

50 Plymouth DeLuxe

63 Catalina Wagon

68 Plymouth Sport Sattelite

63 Chevy

62 Chevy

65 Dodge

vw Bug

37 Buick

55 Buick

it goes on and on/

I'd DRIVE every one of 'em!