Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auto ID #211. FINISHED

That is an odd li'l fellow. Looks like it is sulking. The steering wheel comes up half way up the windshield. It would be interesting to actually see a driver inside it hanging onto the steering wheel.

I'm not quite sure, but there MIGHT be pics of that...

Ok, I know I have officially "retired" from ROM, so maybe what I have to say is irrelevant...

But one of the basic rules of the game is that the featured car had to be a production car that was built in quantity and available for sale to the general public, even if only in limited numbers. No one-offs or concept cars, because that would be too hard.

This is a one-off concept, and a very much unknown one at that. I would be very curious to know how the guys who found the answer to this one managed to do that... ;)

This is a one-off concept, and a very much unknown one at that. I would be very curious to know how the guys who found the answer to this one managed to do that... ;)

I actually recognised the wheels first, they were obviously DAF, the body work looked like Zagato to me so I searched on that basis, wrong coach builder but it found me an image. It is a pity it didn't go into production, I think it is gorgeous. Really makes you appreciate how talented people like Michelotti are, they take the most unpromising subjects and make them beautiful. The stock DAF 55 was narrow and tall, with a short wheelbase, he worked round all that to produce the Siluro, sheer genius. 

I actually recognised the wheels first, they were obviously DAF, the body work looked like Zagato to me so I searched on that basis, wrong coach builder but it found me an image. It is a pity it didn't go into production, I think it is gorgeous. Really makes you appreciate how talented people like Michelotti are, they take the most unpromising subjects and make them beautiful. The stock DAF 55 was narrow and tall, with a short wheelbase, he worked round all that to produce the Siluro, sheer genius. 

same here, I once owned 2 Daf 44's, and it was the wheels and hubcaps that gaveit away as a Daf, although i had seen photos of this car before, a little time on Google got me the answer

Ok, I know I have officially "retired" from ROM, so maybe what I have to say is irrelevant...

But one of the basic rules of the game is that the featured car had to be a production car that was built in quantity and available for sale to the general public, even if only in limited numbers. No one-offs or concept cars, because that would be too hard.

Harry, after you retired, I did open it to include one-offs, because there were so many easily found, and famous cars that were one offs. Of course, some are harder to find than others, but the same could be said of the current generation of generics.