Model Cars Magazine Forum

Continental Kit

The Revell '58 and '59 Chevys both have connie kits like in your pics. Thier '55 Chevy convertible has one in some issues. The first issue for sure, don't think it's in the Indy Pace Car issue though. 

Also, a lot of the old Annual kits from the early '60s had them. 

Modelhaus makes the round continental tire cover as a 3 piece unit (front & back cover and chromed ring).  They usually include those in their kits that come with a connie kit, but I was able to buy several of them from them separately a few years ago for $5 each.  I made my own continental kit "deck" from sheet plastic.  I've only made the full width continental kits as I think they look better than the "basket" style ones pictured above.

1956 FORD MODEL FINISHED 4 (1024x678).jpg

1957 FORD MILD CUSTOM MODEL FINISHED 4 (1024x752).jpg

1958 CHEVROLET IMPALA 3 (1024x741).jpg

The Revell '58 and '59 Chevys both have connie kits like in your pics.

Thanks for the lead.

Dunno, but if you tell me any kits that had them, if I have that kit, be glad to send it/them to you. I can't imagine ever wanting/needing/using one.

Snake 45 if you have either of the aforementioned kits I`ll graciously except your genorious offer and gladly give those kitted continental parts a new home. :-) :-)

Edited by 69NovaYenko

Thanks for the lead.

Snake 45 if you have either of the aforementioned kits I`ll graciously except your genorious offer and gladly give those kitted continental parts a new home. :-) :-)

I don't have any of the kits mentioned so far but am monitoring this thread for further ideas. B)