Model Cars Magazine Forum

American Truck Simulator

I just haven't gotten it yet, but I know I will. I have the European Truck Simulator and playe dit quite a bit. It is simple scenery and towns but it just hooks somehow and I loved driving over Europe thru places I've been. American TS is the same game, polished and with American rides. The scenery will continue to stretch across the country with expansions.

If it's the one by Rambo, all the reviews say how terrible it is. All they get are ebay ads, no control, game functions are very lacking. And that's from the people who can even get it to open.

Clayton, Please do share.

I'm looking to get it. Maybe?

Edited by Petetrucker07

If it's the one by Rambo, all the reviews say how terrible it is. All they get are ebay ads, no control, game functions are very lacking. And that's from the people who can even get it to open.

From what I see the Rambo is a Peterbilt 579 skin mod. 

I have European Truck Sim 2 and will be getting the American version eventually. It's a fun game and definitely different from most driving games, here the objective is to follow all traffic laws and get your cargo to it's destination as safely as possible. You tart out freelancing, driving fleet trucks for various companies. You can slowly build your budget or take out a loan to buy your own truck. The more you drive you gain experience that you can use to upgrade your driver, allowing him to drive longer distances or pull hazardous cargo. You can also buy and upgrade garages in each city and set it up with trucks and hire drivers that work for you. Some of the best things are the mods that let you drive trucks not in the base game, there is a W900A, K100 Aerodyne, an FLB, a Pete 351, 379, 389, Mack Superliner, and a bunch more.

I have European Truck Sim 2 and will be getting the American version eventually. It's a fun game and definitely different from most driving games, here the objective is to follow all traffic laws and get your cargo to it's destination as safely as possible. You tart out freelancing, driving fleet trucks for various companies. You can slowly build your budget or take out a loan to buy your own truck. The more you drive you gain experience that you can use to upgrade your driver, allowing him to drive longer distances or pull hazardous cargo. You can also buy and upgrade garages in each city and set it up with trucks and hire drivers that work for you. Some of the best things are the mods that let you drive trucks not in the base game, there is a W900A, K100 Aerodyne, an FLB, a Pete 351, 379, 389, Mack Superliner, and a bunch more.

Thanks for your input Brian.

I had the old 18 Wheels of Steel Haulin and played it all the time.I had a lot of mods on it but when it wasn't working right SLS said that I voided the warranty by using someone else's Mods.

How does that work now? Am I better to buy the DVD version or just download it from their Web site?

I'm just thinking that if I need to reload the game at any time I can?

My brain hurts.....

Edited by Kenny B

I have the steam version of ETS2 and it works well. The thing about using mods is that they update the game frequently and sometimes it breaks mods which can then break your saved game so you can find yourself starting over from time to time. That's why I've kind of hung back on getting ATS, I'm letting them get a few kinks ironed out.

I got it too and so far these cops in the States have speed traps everywhere! I have so many speeding tickets it's hurting my advancement! They patrol red lights a lot too. In European Truck it seems I never had to pay too much attention to lights and speed. :D

It's the same game but does feel like everything in it has been tweaked. Can't wait until New England makes it in . ehehhe .. like in 15 or 20 years!

And, AZ has been added to the game and is a free add on.

Edited by Foxer

I got it too and so far these cops in the States have speed traps everywhere! I have so many speeding tickets it's hurting my advancement! They patrol red lights a lot too. In European Truck it seems I never had to pay too much attention to lights and speed. :D

It's the same game but does feel like everything in it has been tweaked. Can't wait until New England makes it in . ehehhe .. like in 15 or 20 years!

And, AZ has been added to the game and is a free add on.

Yeah, everyone who has played ETS2 complains about the cops, I don't know why they made the some oppressive. There are mods out there that nerf them a good bit from what I've heard.

Yeah, everyone who has played ETS2 complains about the cops, I don't know why they made the some oppressive. There are mods out there that nerf them a good bit from what I've heard.

I find it quite unforgiving that the few Mods I looked at give no instructions as to how or where to install! I've been playing games and adding mods since DOS days and there is no excuse possible that could covr why no file to explain installation. Must be my old habits as I started using computers in 1964.

I find it quite unforgiving that the few Mods I looked at give no instructions as to how or where to install! I've been playing games and adding mods since DOS days and there is no excuse possible that could covr why no file to explain installation. Must be my old habits as I started using computers in 1964.

I don't have ATS yet but in ETS2 to add mods you go into your Documents folder and then open the ETS2 folder and then unzip the mod into the mod folder. Since the games are so similar I would check there first and if the mod folder is in the same place it probably works the same.

I don't have ATS yet but in ETS2 to add mods you go into your Documents folder and then open the ETS2 folder and then unzip the mod into the mod folder. Since the games are so similar I would check there first and if the mod folder is in the same place it probably works the same.

Thanks ... they are supposed to be the same as far as mods are concerned. There is an empty Mod folder there so I'll try that. I did not locate that info with all my searching.  :wacko:

I have found the hidden race track. My W900 will do 75 mph on the track. I also found the two lane highway that goes for miles and miles with no cops. My top speed was 98 mph. Lots of fun.

Edited by Kenny B

I took a couple screen shots of a mod for the game, a K100E that comes with a few custom paint jobs I thought might interest you guys.

First is a BJ McKay scheme:

20160628185546_1_zpsswaiffo1.jpg

Next is the Decepticon Motormaster, this scheme is based on a show truck built after the Transformers movies came out:

20160628185418_1_zps5l2aax7r.jpg

Edited by Fat Brian