Model Cars Magazine Forum

MOEBIUS 1965 PLYMOUTH MELROSE MISSILE

Looking good however, I hope you don't mind some constructive advice.  If your intention is to make it more accurate to the original AWB Mopars, the wheelwell isn't moved forward enough.  It should be much closer to the door.  

hELLO,,Big Project, Say..What is the Blue on the Qtr panel for? is it a primer or ? maybe to make the work area, make it stand out more for you? or ? 

ps..The Line up to door looks right too me, thy were all Different, you make the call,,

Edited by booboo60

hELLO,,Big Project, Say..What is the Blue on the Qtr panel for? is it a primer or ? maybe to make the work area, make it stand out more for you? or ? 

ps..The Line up to door looks right too me, thy were all Different, you make the call,,

With all due respect, the factory built cars were not all different.  With respect to the altered wheelbase configuration, they were all the same.  The front wheels were moved forward 10 inches and the rears were moved forward 15 inches.  The Photoshopped photo I supplied him gives the correct location.  

There were 11 original factory cars and they were subcontracted under Chrysler design and oversight by Amblewagon.  Amblewagon was a professional modifier of ambulances and funeral cars.  The factory efforts at Amblewagon were the Plymouths of Melrose Missle (the subject of this build), Golden Commandos, Butch Leal, and Lee Smith plus the Dodges of Dick Landy, Ramchargers, Bob Harrop, Dave Strickler, Roger Lindamood, and Bud Faubel.  Later, Bill Flynn's Yankee Peddler was received the AWB treatment but was done at the shops of Dick Branstner who was also the builder of the Little Red Wagon.  

However, you are correct that there were many privateer Mopar altered wheelbase efforts and they were definitely very different from each other.  

Edited by Marlowe

There you go!  That looks far more accurate now!  Well done!  Now, it's one to the front wheelwell!  The front of the wheelwell opening should be directly behind the front bumper.  

awb%20front.jpg

Edited by Marlowe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...