Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 twin turbo nova... I need some help with drag radials...

started working on the cage got most of the back half done, I cut the fenders and doors off and I'm thinking about cutting the deck lid off as well. does anyone know where i can buy an intercooler box like the one tyrone had in his turbo mustang a while back? comments and tips welcome?

20160612_113505.jpg

20160612_204811.jpg

20160612_204818.jpg

20160612_204838.jpg

Edited by Outlawracing

I like where this is going.... I made my intercooler from sheet styrene and added resin weld decals from Archer decals, and painted it with alclad aluminum... It was not that hard to make one.. not to high jack your thread but here's a few pics..

10996977_10200245814424967_2098129447613

10954329_10200268189384327_8197254675847

Edited by tyrone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey guys, got some work done on the cage I'm not really happy with how the cockpit bars turned out if anyones got some reference pics I'd love to redo it. I also made an intercooler box. all comments welcome?

Edited by Outlawracing

• 4 months later...

Hey guys I'm sorry that I haven't updated in a while, being that I'm only 13 football season come up on me fast and I wasn't able to get much done, but in the last couple weeks I scrapped the removable front clip body and got this new one, cut the doors and trunk out and from the inspiration of thrones 66 I widened the quarter panel wheel well. Im going to use the stock dash but I filled in the bottom and I'm going to drill through it and run the turbo intake tube through it. That's for looking, all comments welcome.

IMG_20161123_171344.jpg

IMG_20161123_171330.jpg

IMG_20161123_171322.jpg

IMG_20161123_171256.jpg

IMG_20161123_171241.jpg

• 1 month later...

These are some of the different sizes of slicks I usually use.The one in the middle is from Pegasus hobbies.They are top fuel tires.They are the largest tires I've ever found.But I haven't seen any lately on line.I've gone to Pegasus Hobbies site,but I never see them.They come with wheels,and yellow/white colored Goodyear decals.I can't remember where I got the slicks on the left.Ive got a bunch of those.And the smaller tires on the right,are from a 1/24th scale diecast pro stock car.I don't know if this helps at all.By the way,Great job so far on your Nova.

image.jpeg

These are some of the different sizes of slicks I usually use.The one in the middle is from Pegasus hobbies.They are top fuel tires.They are the largest tires I've ever found.But I haven't seen any lately on line.I've gone to Pegasus Hobbies site,but I never see them.They come with wheels,and yellow/white colored Goodyear decals.I can't remember where I got the slicks on the left.Ive got a bunch of those.And the smaller tires on the right,are from a 1/24th scale diecast pro stock car.I don't know if this helps at all.By the way,Great job so far on your Nova.

image.jpeg

helps a bunch and thank you.