Model Cars Magazine Forum

i havent had a chance to open it yet, but i plan to use it as a display for my 1/24 cars. so far they are on a shelf in a fairly undignified manner, i hope this will bring some extra pop to the display. moreso than that, i hope my 50s Cadillacs fit!

update time my friends. i had some time to tinker with the kit, and i got a bit done. i am however not too satisfied with the kit. the kit is molded in a silver plastic, which is fine, but how/why ever they chose this plastic its kind of grainy and brittle. also where the parts are connected to the sprue is quite thick for example, there is 2 cross bars that connect the fenders together, the sprue connections are too big and i ended up breaking the fenders loose of one another before i got them free of the sprue. over all it looks like it will be a nice kit, but im only just so far.

047D9ACE-19BB-449E-94D0-72E01BF3DA49_zps

E7438111-E95C-472E-A3DC-78996F56519C_zps

50DC72CD-5D51-41F8-A976-26A77C413D58_zps

262CCA80-A396-42F8-BAC5-E48D1409EB74_zps

386116C5-CD84-43BB-B72C-FF0DE2350DF5_zps

DB607EB2-FDAB-439A-8856-40DA73F56B5E_zps

the frame and fenders are the same are the same grey as the truck, the ramps (other than the black) is the silver the kit is molded in. the uprights will be aluminum. 

Edited by boyesreef

well Carl, as you can see, i used a cloths pin to hold the fender in place as the glue dried. and other suggestions? also i would love to see some pictures of your trailers for ideas for mine!

Nick,  Here are a couple of pictures of the rigs in their display cases that I made out of 1/4" acrylic stock.  As you can see they are pretty long when hooked up to a tractor.....32" to 34" long.

display 2.jpg

display 1.jpg

Nice work thus far on the trailer. too bad about the fender. Where you using a sprue cutter?

Be Well

Gator

ive got a little pair of wire cutters ive designated for the job from now on, but no, no sprue cutters.

I'm not real find of the fenders either. They don't look quite right. I had a hard time getting them to sit close to equal. On my next one, I'm gone try to scratch up or buy something different. Maybe they're too short, or just not what I think they should look like. Can't put my finger on what's soo wrong with them.

dont mind at all, i love seeing variations of the kits i build!

It's kinda funny. I posted the same kits you have. My truck has a few changes and the trailer I switched the kits rims and tires for Moebius, which I guess is becoming my signature, since I do it to just about every one of my builds.

Edited by Petetrucker07

You got it to come out pretty good....Those long Cadillacs do take up a lot of room.....I know you had a hard time getting that one on the lower deck in there, for sure....Looks great.....If you ever have any more to put on that thing, I have a bit of a suggestion.....

You can add extensions to both ends of it to make the upper deck a little longer......As I've done, here...

068_zpsmeine0hy.jpg

20160423_104050_zpskwv1uhba.jpg

Keep up the good work, Man.....You can never have enough car haulers.....

Edited by kilrathy10