Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ramchargers Duster

.....you say, thanks for looking,,,,however Roger, thanks for sharing. love 73-4 Duster super stockers from the era, this car, all the Hamburger cars, Mancini Racing, and all the rest. terrific work here, and a killer project idea that I myself have pondered a dozen times. great to see one of these so nicely executed...........the Ace....:lol:

From the Ramchargers book it was a 74 360  that was a class L. I believe it was bumped to K the next year. The fact that is was a 4 speed is really cool to me.  They broke the Class L and K records several times and won the tough division 3 Super stock title.

They then went on to build a W2 powered E/G Dart Sport that won at the US nationals in 78.

The casting was very clean and easy to work with. Would buy another in  heart beat.

Thanks!

From the Ramchargers book it was a 74 360  that was a class L. I believe it was bumped to K the next year. The fact that is was a 4 speed is really cool to me.  They broke the Class L and K records several times and won the tough division 3 Super stock title.

They then went on to build a W2 powered E/G Dart Sport that won at the US nationals in 78.

The casting was very clean and easy to work with. Would buy another in  heart beat.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info regarding that beauty . 360 / 4-speed is rare , as it was a 1974-only option ; by '75 , all were automatics only .

That casting appears to be from Competition Resins . I know that you bought it via eBay , so my guess that it's from C.R. is pure speculation .

Where did you get the Motor Wheels Flys ?

Roger, that's a very convincing build and wonderfully done.  Great attention to detail and the subject is original, I really like this model.

What's even better, no Hemi.  Small block Mopars can really run quick, amazing how quick too!

Excellent!