Model Cars Magazine Forum

Late model kit question

Question about late model "Muscle Cars". If you were going to build a kit of any of the following which would be your choice:

2010-present Chevy Camaro

2010-present Dodge Challenger

2010-present Ford Mustang

Thanks for looking.

Jerry

Edited by JerseeJerry55
Thumbs

Why do I have to choose? Why can't I build all three? Or just whichever one(s) I happen to personally prefer?

This is America, still a somewhat free nation. I don't like being pushed into arbitrary "this or that" choices and I push back on them whenever possible.

Depends on what you like...the Revell kits of these subjects are all good kits, I have multiples of each. The aftermarket of resin mod parts is particularly strong for the Challenger, less so for the others. 

Edited by Rob Hall

Why do I have to choose? Why can't I build all three? Or just whichever one(s) I happen to personally prefer?

This is America, still a somewhat free nation. I don't like being pushed into arbitrary "this or that" choices and I push back on them whenever possible.

He's not asking you to sign any papers here. It's just one of those friendly "conversation makers" that some of us do.

LIGHTEN UP, FRANCIS.jpg

Question about late model "Muscle Cars". If you were going to build a kit of any of the following which would be your choice:

2010-present Chevy Camaro

2010-present Dodge Challenger

2010-present Ford Mustang

Thanks for looking.

Jerry

Jerry, I don't build modern muscle, but would choose the Mustang merely because I like those cars........oh, and Richard.....the guy simply asked an opinion based question, as he seems enthused and very interested in modeling something.....lighten up, he probably hasn't been exposed to near as much melted styrene or glue fumes as you have.....the Ace.......:P

Just a little bit OTT there Lol, the guys just starting conversation.

Im not really a modern muscle builder but if I were to pick one of those kits it would probably be the 2010 Mustang followed by the Camaro, I think they're both nice looking cars.

I'm just making conversation, too. I'm reminding people that you do not HAVE to think of life as a series of "this OR that"  or "which ONE" questions. In many cases you also have the choice of Both, All, or None of the Above. Never accept the other guy's premise as absolute. B)

I'm just making conversation, too. I'm reminding people that you do not HAVE to think of life as a series of "this OR that"  or "which ONE" questions. In many cases you also have the choice of Both, All, or None of the Above. Never accept the other guy's premise as absolute. B)

.......Richard, the guy wanted an opinion on 3 build choices, because he may be a little less schooled regarding kits than some more seasoned members. just throw him a bone, not a bark,,,, I mean, you own, collect, and have built every model car and every other plastic kit in the world,,,,right  ......the Ace....^_^

.......Richard, the guy wanted an opinion on 3 build choices, because he may be a little less schooled regarding kits than some more seasoned members. just throw him a bone, not a bark,,,, I mean, you own, collect, and have built every model car and every other plastic kit in the world,,,,right  ......the Ace....^_^

It was a very weird question. One might expect "What's the best kit of each of these cars?" or "Which of these three cars is your favorite?" or something of the kind. I'm a trained journalist (from back when that profession actually meant something) and thus tend to listen to the actual question being asked, something that few people do anymore.

MY answer to the actual question asked would be, "I'm just not particularly interested in building a kit of any of those cars, thanks." Which of course is of little/no interest or use to anyone. B)

My question is why do threads like these keep popping up in the News and Reviews section. How is this either? I keep seeing these kinds of postings here and wonder what part of it pertains to the section. 

This question could be easily asked in the General section

Why do I have to Choose? Why can't I build all three? Or just whichever one(s) I happen to personally prefer?

absolutly!!.....Chris

THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAA!

(Sorry...I had to...but I'll add more. I think the late model Challenger engine bays are way low on detail, and the Camaros don't seem accurate to me *compared to earlier C5 corvette LS motors* that's why I picked the Boss 302)

I have a minimum of 5 of the 2010-2014 Mustangs.  Started gathering kits that had some of the parts so I could duplicate my 2013 GT which you can see at the bottom.  2010 Revell for the base, 2013 Boss 302 for the front facia, etc.  Then they released the pre-painted 2014 GT which included all the emblems also.  Problem solved except for a re-paint/re-stripe.   But I then had to buy the 2015 snapper because it had the correct wheels.  Just one more thing, just one more, one more.....

But maybe I can kit bash a 2012 Boss 302 like this.  Does anyone know if the 1969 Boss 302 "C" stripe will work on this?

30044d1389157064-focus-st-vs-cobalt-ss-t

Edited by The Junkman