Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1/8 ford 32 street rod

kpnuts

Hi all, well I thought I was getting there(I always knew the paintwork was rubbish but I can and will be spraying over that) this is turning out to be another failure the instructions show the door latch pointing down (don't, point it upwards, it won't clear the gap in the inner door skin) admittedly that's not down to me, that's the instructions, however I cannot get the doors to open (whatever glue I use shutting the doors puts stress on the hinges and forces them off, also the gap around the door is horrendous( I wish I hadn't cut them out) all in all another ruined kit, the kit it's self is great, it's the idiot putting it together. When I respray it, it will be one colour, hopefully it will look better for that, still a few bits to put on it but I can't see them doing much for the overall model.

Hi all well it shows how much notice my missus takes of my modeling, since I was sat right by her on the couch whilst painting this, she said "did you paint those dragons or are they transfers " I said "yes I painted them, I know they're rubbish, I'm going to spray over them" she said " don't you dare, they're fantastic" go figure. Anyway here it is done. Wish I'd done a better job but looks like I'm stuck with it the way it looks now.

Looks wild! I have to salute you for having the gumption to do that multi-color dragon mural paint job. And don't worry if you feel your art isn't Mona Lisa level...the pioneering artists of 1950s hot-rodding produced artwork that would absolutely fail the "art-snob" test...but it's awesome regardless. Heck Von Dutch even painted this grille art upside-down :D

Thanks for all the kind words, glad you like it.

Like it? Um, YEAH!! Great work Kenneth, I see someone said not to sell yourself short.....Man, this is the BEST graphic-paint work I've ever seen on a model, hands down. :)

And just in case no one else tells you, I'll give you a couple of these....

facebook_POSTFB_500like-vi.jpg

• 1 month later...

Really like where you are going with this one.  That artwork is beautiful, I can't draw a straight line with a ruler.  To answer a couple of your earlier questions about the engine: 1. yes there should be a fan on this engine, 2. If you ever crank the engine, those chrome headers will discolor.  I had one of these but decided I had no place to display it and was also intimidated by the thought of how much detail it could take, so I sold it  for quite a good profit.  Keep those updates coming.

there is a trick that keeps the exhaust from bluing, especially on the heavy cast manifolds, we would coat the inside with a thick layer of white grease and if you didn't go out and stand on it before it "cooked" and cooled it would hold up to just about anything but wide open throttle freeway runs. We even used it on "T" buckets with sprint car type headers and after ten years they're still chrome without any bluing.