Model Cars Magazine Forum

Working on a Del Rio........ 7/29

JollySipper

delrioone_001.thumb.JPG.a094a7a161c5a015

delrioone_002.thumb.JPG.36808f586ba98f42

Thought I would show you guys what I'm working on at the moment...... Going to be straight from the box except for the wheels and tires

Those are from the '37 Ford coupe........

Thanks for any interest, and all comments are welcome.....!

Edited by JollySipper

DelRio_Two_001.thumb.JPG.a01b20f12f922a1

DelRio_Two_002.thumb.JPG.8e8d6bfc67471e4

Got the frame painted, and the engine in place..... Also I was curious as to how the wheels were going to sit in the front.

Not as low as I would like, but I'll probably leave them like they are..........

Thanks for looking in, and any comment is welcome......!

Just an idea on the interior, I recently built this same kit and didn't care for the decals provided for the interior. I photo copied the interior decals so I had the right size and shape. Then laid the shapes over some interior decals from Scale Motorsport and cut out the patterns that I wanted. These allow the color painted on the seat to show as a back ground and the decal looks like an upholstery pattern. They offer several different patterns to choose from. There are also several  other suppliers that you can find here in this site.  

Thanks, espo.....! That's a pretty good idea, using the supplied decals to make new ones.......

Speaking of decals, if anyone wants the Law Enforcement decals from this kit, you are welcome to them..... just shoot me a PM and I'll send them to you.....

^_^

DelRio_3_001.thumb.JPG.d063e69ef5d4e7769

DelRio_3_002.thumb.JPG.ff3a8faecf5334d5e

For you guys who have this kit in your to-do pile, there isn't any way to positively locate the exhaust until you attach the frame to the floor pan.

The locator holes are on the pan itself......... :)

Also got the engine bay painted the color the car is going, Dark Shadow Gray from Dupli-Color..........

Thank You for looking, and for any comments.......

DelRio_4_001.thumb.JPG.db629652a972ff002

DelRio_4_002.thumb.JPG.a2c063d177e0e59fd

Wanted to show you guys the ride height that this one has with the wheels I chose........ I've been getting the body ready for primer, scribed for foil, now it just needs a scrub with Comet, and I can start priming......... Also the chassis is done....!

Thanks for checking in, and feel free to comment..........

It's a trick I learned on here......... It does a light sanding of the plastic, even in scripts and grooves where sand paper can't get to. Gives the surface a little "bite" for the primer. After Comet, I use dish soap and let everything air dry......

;)

• 4 weeks later...