Model Cars Magazine Forum

Got kind of hot today.

113 in Riverside. 

Summer School got out at noon. During the school year the AC is controlled by the district. I found out at noon that how the teachers can turn it on in their class room during the summer. Felling pretty sticky.

None of the classrooms were air conditioned at the high school (nor the elementary nor the middle school ) I "attended" ... and that was only 30-ish years ago ... complete with 2nd and 3rd Stage Smog Alerts . Just glad that I didn't have to walk barefoot in the snow uphill ... ;)

113 in Riverside. 

Summer School got out at noon. During the school year the AC is controlled by the district. I found out at noon that how the teachers can turn it on in their class room during the summer. Felling pretty sticky.

I didn't have AC until I got to high school in 1981. That school only had AC because it was newly built in 1979. I do remember getting out of middle school a few times because of the heat.

I heard on the TV news that planes were not being allowed to land in Phoenix because of some rule that says the runway cannot be more than 120 degrees.

"Only" 92 here today. I can't even imagine what 110-120 feels like.

the humidity is very low. 4-5 percent.  I only feel it few minutes at a time---dashing between air conditioned house, car, office, etc.  I've lived in S Florida, and it's worse with the heat and high humidity.  

Personally , I find dry heat to be insufferable . Perhaps it's my Celt blood , but I'll take humid heat over dry heat any day . Thankfully it's not bone dry here , even with the 100+ degree temps . There were some clouds on Saturday , and there's supposed to be some tomorrow , too . That'll help A LOT .

the humidity is very low. 4-5 percent.  I only feel it few minutes at a time---dashing between air conditioned house, car, office, etc.  I've lived in S Florida, and it's worse with the heat and high humidity.  

Rob, do people still work outside in those temps? I mean like city and state workers. 

Yeah, it's the humidity that kills you.

Around here we can have 85 degrees and 60-70% humidity. You could be sitting still under the shade of a tree and break a sweat. It's a killer.

Yea the humidity in Florida is killer but many people go there for vacation.

Rob, do people still work outside in those temps? I mean like city and state workers. 

I think only if they have to (emergencies)....a lot of outdoor work during the hot months goes on early in the morning (or overnight like roadwork).