Model Cars Magazine Forum

Got kind of hot today.

Yeah, it's the humidity that kills you.

Around here we can have 85 degrees and 60-70% humidity. You could be sitting still under the shade of a tree and break a sweat. It's a killer.

Sounds like NJ / PA area as well.   Gardening in that weather can be brutal. I try to do it early morning and late in the day... in the shade as the sun angles away

So I woke this morning at 3:00am and noticed the house was warm.. got up and it was 83 degrees instead of the usual 75.  It got up to 100 in the house today until the service guy could get to the house and replace a capacitor about an hour ago...house is down to 90 now...woooo hoooo...

Edited by Rob Hall

I did some maths, so 120 F = 48 C??? omg.....

Yes it is almost 49 C!  It is getting a bit toasty in some parts USA this Summer. 

Some say this is global warming, others call it global climate change. Some think it is a natural cycle, others that humans contributed to the warming.  Yet others say that it is just some random occurrence.  Then there are also those who just stick their heads in the sand. You choose which you believe.  :D

I think it's going to be around 98 here in NC today, the problem like Harry said the humidity will be like 75 percent or more. I mowed my back yard yesterday which is a 20 min job I was soaking wet, I also got a little dizzy one min I was fine the next the ground was spinning, got to be careful out there.

model-a Chris,

Yes it is almost 49 C!  It is getting a bit toasty in some parts USA this Summer. 

Some say this is global warming, others call it global climate change. Some think it is a natural cycle, others that humans contributed to the warming.  Yet others say that it is just some random occurrence.  Then there are also those who just stick their heads in the sand. You choose which you believe.  :D

whatever what reason casued this, this is terrible...to me! I gonna marry with cooler.

So I woke this morning at 3:00am and noticed the house was warm.. got up and it was 83 degrees instead of the usual 75.  It got up to 100 in the house today until the service guy could get to the house and replace a capacitor about an hour ago...house is down to 90 now...woooo hoooo...

I had to have a capacitor replaced last year 135.00. I was happy it was only that. I have a home warranty now that covers most things in the house. 50 bucks a month and 65 bucks for the visit. I have used it for my GDO, a garbage disposal, a bathroom faucet and a kitchen faucet. So far I think it was money well spent.

I had to have a capacitor replaced last year 135.00. I was happy it was only that. I have a home warranty now that covers most things in the house. 50 bucks a month and 65 bucks for the visit. I have used it for my GDO, a garbage disposal, a bathroom faucet and a kitchen faucet. So far I think it was money well spent.

It would have been around that much w/ my home warranty, but their HVAC repair company wouldn't have been able to get out until Friday..so I called around and got it replaced the same day for $300...can't wait in this weather.    Last winter I had to have another capacitor on the unit replaced when the furnace went out...on the coldest night of the year..

Edited by Rob Hall

I think it's going to be around 98 here in NC today, the problem like Harry said the humidity will be like 75 percent or more. I mowed my back yard yesterday which is a 20 min job I was soaking wet, I also got a little dizzy one min I was fine the next the ground was spinning, got to be careful out there.

model-a Chris,

I make sales calls, in and out of the heat and A/C, all day long and it wears you out quickly. Being fat doesn't help, but the dew point has risen to almost 70 degrees this week. Add in the 99 degree air temp with the dew point and it feels like 108 degrees!  And before Agent G or any of the Aridzona contingent chimes in, it's a WET heat! LOL !

Looking at the bright side? June is almost over, our winters aren't that bad, and I will probably lose a few pounds before my next doctor's appointment because I usually eat less in the summer due to the heat. 

I just got back from a southwestern vacation with some friends today and it was HOT in Phoenix, Sedona, Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Bryce Canyon, Zion, and Las Vegas also these past 10 days. Of course it was a "dry heat." It's good to be back home again even though the temps here this weekend are supposed to be near 90 degrees.

I make sales calls, in and out of the heat and A/C, all day long and it wears you out quickly. Being fat doesn't help, but the dew point has risen to almost 70 degrees this week. Add in the 99 degree air temp with the dew point and it feels like 108 degrees!  And before Agent G or any of the Aridzona contingent chimes in, it's a WET heat! LOL !

Looking at the bright side? June is almost over, our winters aren't that bad, and I will probably lose a few pounds before my next doctor's appointment because I usually eat less in the summer due to the heat. 

I hear ya!

Born raised and worked my entire career in the Midwest. We had, what we called, 90/90 days. 90 degrees with 90% humidity. :o

Ever try and explain the concept of 95% humidity to a Southwest desert native ? :blink:

The fact the humidity is high enough to peel paint, yet there isn't a cloud in the sky, can be a difficult concept for some who never experienced it.  I told a partner to pull a wet sock over her face and breathe through it for a day.

She laughed for a good 30 minutes, but I made my point. ;)

G

I hear ya!

Born raised and worked my entire career in the Midwest. We had, what we called, 90/90 days. 90 degrees with 90% humidity. :o

Ever try and explain the concept of 95% humidity to a Southwest desert native ? :blink:

The fact the humidity is high enough to peel paint, yet there isn't a cloud in the sky, can be a difficult concept for some who never experienced it.  I told a partner to pull a wet sock over her face and breathe through it for a day.

She laughed for a good 30 minutes, but I made my point. ;)

G

I lived in St. Louis, but luckily it was from October to March, as I transferred back to Chicago before I got to experience a summer in Misery.You are correct that someone who hasn't experienced high humidity can't understand it!

My son heads to Ft. Wood in August for his boot camp and AIT training and will be there through December. He assures me it won't be that bad because as he said "Dad, you know how it cools off sooner in the Midwest than it does here in NC". It took all of my strength to not laugh out loud at him and can't wait to hear about his 4 AM PT and drill exercises due to black flag conditions!