Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from MegaHobby

Steven, I hear that!

Last time I ordered from US, the merchandise was $80, the shipping was $55.  Then it gets here and I can pick it up at Customs after paying another 19%, from the total.  Meaning also from the postal charges!  Not good.

Strange though, I was charged $55, but the stamp on the box read $34.  Hmm, makes one wonder.  Not from MegaHobby though.

MegaHobby delivered in 7 days, a new record!

MegaHobby has a great website.

Thanks for the kind words! There are many companies out there (and I'm not trying to start trouble at all, so no names) that intentionally screw their customers by upcharging, making it seem like you're getting a good deal when you're not, dishonesty in how their business is run, etc. My family, for three generations now, has focused on service first, the idea being that if you give good service and are honest with your customers all the time, they will come back. It's why we've been successful for so many years and it's how MegaHobby will always be run. No hidden gimmicks, screwy charges, or anything like that. Just very simple: you want an item, you buy it, we ship it. If there's a problem? We'll fix it. No strings attached. And it makes me very happy to hear that many of you agree -- it's what we strive for every day here.

Thank you and everyone for your continued support :)

Thanks Alan.  "Upcharging" is what it's called, good to know.  I contacted the Shop about this postage discrepancy and received a really lame answer, I'd love to post the name openly but choose not to do such.

I like that you're online shop offers postage cost and handling charges before the order is final.  This is important when ordering from outside the US as it leaves no surprises or false information.  A customer should know ahead of time what he's being charged.

So, good work MegaHobby, thanks for joining us here.

Yes, welcome! Thanks for stopping in.

MegaHobby is a real help to me. Last year I re-located from Los Angeles back to the rural South. So I went from having several great local hobby shops to none. I can only get stuff like Alclad paints and Gunze finishing products via the internet.

With MegaHobby I always know my order will be complete and delivered FAST.   So thanks for the great service. You'll be hearing from me and my credit card again.