Model Cars Magazine Forum

Widebody Nissan Skyline GT-R

CFMgarage

This model started out it's life as a Tamiya Skyline R32 GT-R. I mated it with random Fujimi widebody, and bodykit pieces from Japan that I had laying around. I then lowered it, and figured I'd give it a stronger powertrain.

It received a 4.7 3-valve V8 from the Revell Mustang Shelby GT-H kit, and added custom manifolds with the twin turbos from the Tamiya Nissan 300ZX. Then I made custom charge pipes, a y-pipe for the exhaust, made the front axles disappear, so it's Rear-wheel-drive. Added intercooler pipes, cold air intakes, a blow off valve, and then wired up some vacuum lines, and other wiring/plumbing. 

Painted it Testors candy metallic purple (i think), added Mustang Boss 302 seats, some harnesses and a harness bar. 

Made carbon fiber front splitter, rear diffuser, and a big wing. Slapped it all together, weathered the carbon fiber a little bit and gave it some Future treatment. Let me know what you think. 

BTW...sorry if the pictures are too glossy or just crappy. They're done with my iPhone. I need to buy a real camera.

111.thumb.jpg.2be8cc9cd62d6046a806ce4be4

112.thumb.jpg.1e4b5c4a29564244f8d2866d6a

114.thumb.jpg.112b47326e63366341c6dfb8dc

113.thumb.jpg.0ade55fceb7fbe3311afb18b57

8b93fa0e-83bb-4bf5-a39b-dd7ff4c4d091_zps

Edited by CFMgarage