Model Cars Magazine Forum

Olds powered '50s traditional Deuce 5 window

traditional

I've just completed this traditional Deuce using a GMP roadster kit and a derelict 5 window coupe (body only found on Ebay) 

I may be fiddling with a few things for a couple of days but for all intent and purpose, it's done. The GMP/Acme roadster kit ( I love these kits) comes with a Chevy, a Ford flathead, and an Ardun motor but I decided to use an Oldsmobile motor that came from a supercharged '41 Willys gasser and modify it into a more street-typical '57 Olds J2 tri-carb motor by making a scratchbuilt intake manifold, valve covers and exhaust manifolds. I also added handmade carb linkage, ignition coil, and fuel lines as well as the usual wiring and plumbing. The carpeting is simulated with tan colored felt and the exhaust system is polished non-lead solder wire and aluminum tubing. The windshield area of the coupe body has been modified to have lighter corner radii and the windshield frame is polished aluminum wire. The inner door window frames are also polished aluminum wire, and the custom-mixed dark yellow paint is automotive basecoat/clearcoat. 
I tucked the exhaust manifold immediately inward so I could optionally use engine-hood side-panels.

P6150659.JPG

With optional hood side-panels

P6150656.JPG

P6150665.JPG

P6200683.JPG

Sitting beside last year's similar 5 window adaptation to a GMP/Acme plastic and metal roadster kit

P6200671.JPG

P6200673.JPG

P6200674.JPG

P6200677.JPG

P6200676.JPG

Edited by traditional