Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stumbled across these buying some caulk for a job.....

Couldn't believe my eyes.....I needed 2 cases of these things, and while heading up to the register, it hit me......Orange cones !!!!

I pulled every top off of them and put them in a bag for safe keeping.....Then I got home and cut up some square bases and this is what I came up with......Although, I think they'll be OK without the bases, but I had to make a couple examples, anyway......

20160518_105007_zpsmii0er34.jpg

20160621_212039_zpsssmjqqls.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

What did you need 2 cases of caulk for?

He just wants the caps.  He'll throw away the caulk:D.  No, seriously, this is a nice idea.  I have some caulk and other stuff lying around.  I'm gonna start looking for those caps.  And they do look better with the base.

Oh, yeah....I agree about the rounded bases.....None of the cones pictured are finished.....I needed to see if the glue I used would work......Not sure what kind of plastic the caps are made of.....I have a couple of real orange cones I use, so I have good reference and know about the rounded bases.....Once I get them the way I think they ought to be, I'll post some pics with them in use.....Set up in a dio, I think they'll do well.....

The cool thing about cones is, there is no real standard size.....If you go to Home Depot and look around, You'll see they have 3 different sizes.....You gotta use your imagination, Boys....

:D I love finding this kind of stuff......

The do look nice, but I agree with Aaron: the bases need to be bigger.  Then you need to beat the heck out of them!

What did you need 2 cases of caulk for?

I had to put a bunch of windows into some garage doors.....Total custom job.....Came out pretty good.....Needed 6 tubes for each door.....