Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt 352 Daycab with Double Drop Deck Trailer -- More Tractor Pictures

This is a more recent build of mine.

Many years ago I got a box with the remains of a built AMT Peterbilt 352, a brush-painted, damaged and incomplete glue bomb. I never knew what to do with it until I thought this could be a good start for my first conversion. Should I fail nothing would be lost.

Finally dismantling, paint stripping, converting into a daycab and replacing the missing parts wasn't half as difficult as supposed.

After finishing the tractor I felt encouraged to start my first scratch building project for the trailer. As expected compared to a kit it was laborious but also not too difficult.

Anyway both projects were much more fun than building OOB.    

Peterbilt%20352%20klein%201_zpsotjubsii.

Peterbilt%20352%20klein%202_zps2qifvjwg.

Edited by Ack! Ack-ack!

This is a more recent build of mine.

Many years ago I got a box with the remains of a built AMT Peterbilt 352, a brush-painted, damaged and incomplete glue bomb. I never knew what to do with it until I thought this could be a good start for my first conversion. Should I fail nothing would be lost.

Finally dismantling, paint stripping, converting into a daycab and replacing the missing parts wasn't half as difficult as supposed.

After finishing the tractor I felt encouraged to start my first scratch building project for the trailer. As expected compared to a kit it was laborious but also not too difficult.

Anyway both projects were much more fun than building OOB.    

Peterbilt%20352%20klein%201_zpsotjubsii.

Peterbilt%20352%20klein%202_zps2qifvjwg.

Nice looking conversion !

Thanks for the compliments!

It is often luck of the draw if colours and paint schemes on a finished model really turn out as nice as hoped for. This model is one of the few exceptions when I was really happy with the result.

I really like this one!  Do you have photos of the trailer while you were building it?

Unfortunately I have no WIP pictures. Probably I would have taken WIP photos if I really had been sure to finish the trailer successfully  :rolleyes: .

ok, i need about 75 more pictures of this:D

really, more pictures please....fantastic looking build, just beautiful, i love it:wub:

The unusual length of the complete rig made photos very difficult unless from a rather sharp angle. Otherwise the increasing distance between model and camera made details of the model hardly perceptible.

I am going to take some additional big photos of the tractor without the trailer probably tomorrow.