Model Cars Magazine Forum

Honda 750 Vinyl Tubing

Okay guys, how does one get the vinyl tubing on MPC's Honda 750, that represents the spark plug wires on the two inner spark plugs? There has to be away of doing this? Any and all suggestions would be welcome.

If I knew what I know now. I would have put the spark plug tubing on before installing the engine in the frame. Rather than the way the instructions tell you.

Edited by unclescott58

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Is it a problem of access? Maybe needle-nosed tweezers will help.

Access is the main problem. That and getting the tubing to slip on to the part. It's a tight fit in more than one way. Tight to get at. And the tubing is tight, hard to install over the part it goes on to.

I usually insert a toothpick or similar object into the tubing to stretch the opening a bit. Let it sit for a few minutes so it'll hold the larger opening. Then with needle nose tweezers I grab the tubing close to the opening and maneuver into place on the bike. A touch of spit/lube on the opening helps the tubing slide onto the spark plug.

Danger

With those two center spark plugs being so hard to get at. I gentully broke out each spark plug free. Then I glued the plug wires to the the plugs. Next I'll be glueing the spark plugs back into their places. Much easier than trying to get the wires/vinyl tubes in that confined area by themselves.

Good suggestion about the toothpicks Adam. I've been using a small nail instead.

The best bet with MPC's Honda 750. Attach the vinyl tubing to the spark plus before enclosing the engine into the frame. I don't know what they were thinking when they wrote steps 8 and 9 in the instructions back in the early 70's. But, installing them later, like they indicated, did not work for me.