Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another Monza build in the mix??? New pics 8-4-18

DrKerry

Kerry,  this really looks  to be a fantastic rendition.  Too many people have overlooked the Monza as a great starting place as either a road racer or drag model. 

I have recently unearthed the same orange Monza in my collection of gone-by-days models that I put aside 18+ years ago.  I was trying to build a street version with IMSA flavor to it.  It's ready to be finished with a coat of gloss black paint(color of my 78 Olds Starfire Firenza).  Will post it's pix when finished.  Great luck with your project, can't wait to see it.

Thanks gents!!!!!! Thomas, please do!! Would love to see what you've done with yours!!!!!!!

Pics coming soon but I now have rear wheel wells in it and fitted to chassis. A little more work to be done tomorrow at a build day and it'll be ready for one more coat of putty!!!!!

I need to start putting the rear axle in it to get an idea of where final ride height will be and start building the chassis more. Roll cage will need to be lowered in the upper areas..... This thing will be just like I like most of my builds!!!!!!!!!    LOW!!!!!!!!!!

Got a little bit more done over the last few days...... Roll cage is fitted to the body, Engine is in and hood re-fabbed to fit it. Have to cut a hole in it for air cleaner yet, chin spliter is on, rear wheel tubs are in.... yadda yadda yadda