Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another Monza build in the mix??? New pics 8-4-18

DrKerry

After a member on the board and I tried making a deal work out with this, it didn't work out as I had most of what was offered.. Sorry!!!!

But, after wards Kennyboy had stopped by the house and I showed him the kit and what I thought of doing with it and he said I had to do it....

Not going exactly like the real car but it'll be somewhat close to it......

12_zpssxl5pf9d.jpg

1974-Chevrolet-Monza-5_zpsoqtmxibu.jpg

A little cut here.....

index_zpsvkvp7b4g.jpg

Hmmmmmm, What's wrong with this picture?????

index1_zpsk6r3ferz.jpg

Edited by DrKerry

Thanks guys, not going for an exact build of the real car but something that'll be close to what you see here..... Body is going back together, then it'll be figuring out the height of the body and how much to lose there. Then it'll be messaging the front end of it....

Thanks guys, I have widened the body out by about a 1/4 inch already, working on mocking up the basic part of the chassis to get an idea of body height on the chassis. Will be cutting the cage and lowering it down so the body will drop a bit more....

Fortunately it won't take much to put the arches into it. The nose I can use the stock header panel and massage it into it. The under part can be scratch built or pieced out from other parts.... Or?? I may change it up a bit........

Thank ya John and will do. Hopefully get more work done over the weekend. Bonded the hood yesterday and pulled the clamps off and snapped it at the seam so I need to redo it. Then I can get some pics of the widened body up before I attack the nose......

Hey Max, ask and you shall receive!!! Click the link below....

66 Chev-A-Lanche