Model Cars Magazine Forum

Carrera 911

Brizio

Nice. Have fun with the trim.  I don't mask. What I do. I take a very fine black art pen and I trace it in the trim panel line. Nice and straight it goes.  Then I paint the trim. Kinda acts like a mask perfect lines Everytime. I did that on my green flat nose. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. Have fun with the trim.  I don't mask. What I do. I take a very fine black art pen and I trace it in the trim panel line. Nice and straight it goes.  Then I paint the trim. Kinda acts like a mask perfect lines Everytime. I did that on my green flat nose. 

A the end I mask all... I try some pens years ago, but some have a red/blueish color. 

Here the body done.

IMG_3967r.thumb.JPG.9794c7bb47894abc972e

Nice work on the trim.  The pens I use are anime pens. No red or blue like sharpie. Just pure black ink. 

Thank you Andre! I will check that kind of pen next time I go in art craft store. Thanks for the tip. :)

Awesome trim.

Body looks fantastic, Briz!B)

Thank you Scott! :)

Thank you Steven! :) You can start a mono theme collection then. :D 

Mono theme - Too late :). Ive got 4 Porsche kits out of the 12 kits that i have.The Australian sellers here on ebay know how to put a ridiculous price on certain kits so it makes it hard to collect what i want. My brother in law is a GM for one of the Porsche Centers here in Australia so my admiration and experience with the 1:1 vehicle goes back a long way.

Mono theme - Too late :). Ive got 4 Porsche kits out of the 12 kits that i have.The Australian sellers here on ebay know how to put a ridiculous price on certain kits so it makes it hard to collect what i want. My brother in law is a GM for one of the Porsche Centers here in Australia so my admiration and experience with the 1:1 vehicle goes back a long way.

Nice! Try to look also on the ebay US, I know that the shipping is more, but maybe you can find some more models. :) This is is my fourth Porsche kit. I have build this same kit for the owner of the 911 in the middle of the 90's, a Italeri 911 convertible, Janis Joplin 356, and now this one. 

Looking good. I consider use black metal foil for trim,have you tried it?  

Thank you Tommy! :) thank for the tip too. I painted all.

The 911 is almost done, needs license plates, that  I don't remember the numbers but I ask my brother, he should have the photos of the car, if not he can ask the sister of the owner  the license plate numbers. 

911sc.thumb.jpg.ca1642ece1b4f263f9a7a6f5 

Nice job, Fabrizio! It seems strange to see such a tame subject from you, but it is beautifully done.

-Art

Thank you Art! :) I think it is fun do something "different"... 

Looks almost done.  Nice. 

I need to print the license plates and it id done. Thanks Andre!:)

That is a really nice build Fabrizio !!!!!

Randy

Thank you Randy! :)

Your builds coming along beautifully. I took your advice and bought another 4 Porsche kits. Cheaper to buy from Asia :). Would really like to get a hold of a 904 Carrera kit.

Thank you Steven! :) Now is a collection! :D About the 904, you can also search slot cars, and add the chassis from a kit.

Wow so clean, perfect paint etc...

Thank you Brian! :) 

This tribute is coming along quite nicely. 

Thank you Egan! :)