Model Cars Magazine Forum

Carrera 911

Brizio

I just started this Fujimi kit. The 911 I'm trying to replicate belong to a family friend, that recently, tragically died. He always had Porsches. I'm particularly attached because I drove it so many times. :) 

The kit I'm using, a curbside.

13243760_1200226250012086_19449225253964

The open box.

13248591_1200226970012014_17872900313898

First thing I did, was to cover the lines of the sunroof, since his car did not had one. Also sprayed some primer.

13490816_1221800687854642_35891605281952

Nice

I have the slant nose version of this Fuji kit somewhere in the stash

Thank you Scott! :) The slant nose has a full engine or is a curbside?

Hi Brizio how r ya? this build is lookin pretty nice!!! i have a ? for u.i am trying to build Tamiya GT3 and put a modern water cooled engine/Drivetrain in said build. any ideas where that might come from? kit or seperate, doesnt matter,thanks shaun.

Hi Shaun! I'm fine, I got rearended the other day... :( What about you? I'm guessing a 996. 

Darn dude, that looks like a German leather interior right out of the factory. I love watching you build stuff

The Flatnose is a curb side as well. I want to do it up racing style with Gulf livery.

Thank you Scott! I will keep an eye for your flat nose. I have a soft spot for Porsches. :)

Shoot, r u ok? Your car?drunk driver, (cell phone)?,, by 996  u mean I need  a 996?Thanks Shaun

Yes he rearended my truck, he was trying to call somebody, and saw me too late... I heard the tires noise, when I look a the mirror I saw him, but nothing I can do... The body shop said that I need a new bumper and tow hitch. His car had the front end gone. When they removed the bumper for the tow truck, the frame was bent too... I guess that was an expensive phone call. The important thing is that nobody got seriously injured, my back is not 100% yet, and I had to go see a doctor, because I was worry that my legs didn't want to move fast  like they were before. The doc recommended reab, and time will fix all. :) 

The Tamiya GT# is based on the Porsche 996 (aka "the Cheap") so if you want a engine you can look trough the 996s. Thank you! :)

Looking fantastic. :)

Thank you Dan! :)

Looking good Fabrizio !!!!

Randy

Thank you Randy! :)

I love Porsche's, looking forward to seeing the complete piece of art.

Thank you Ernesto! :) Hopeful It is getting done soon. Last weekend I painted and clear coted.