Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hubcap identification

Thanks guys. I was able to get them on ebay last night at a reasonable price. Maybe I can find someone to cast them when they arrive or try my hand at resin casting.

Would you know if there any Olds Fiesta caps out there?

Jay, the Revell "Skip's Fiesta" version of the '59 Ford Galaxie has Olds Fiesta caps. Other versions of that kit may have them also, probably other kits as well, but that one I can definitely confirm.

Jay, the Revell "Skip's Fiesta" version of the '59 Ford Galaxie has Olds Fiesta caps. Other versions of that kit may have them also, probably other kits as well, but that one I can definitely confirm.

Agreed. They are '56 Olds wheel covers.

The odd thing is the 59 Ford had 14" wheels and the 56 Olds had 15" wheels...not quite sure how well that would work in real life.

Agreed. They are '56 Olds wheel covers.

The odd thing is the 59 Ford had 14" wheels and the 56 Olds had 15" wheels...not quite sure how well that would work in real life.

In "real life" there were companies in the '50's that made knock offs of the Olds Fiesta and Dodge Lancer hub caps in both 14" and 15" so that any car could have a set. These hub caps were stolen more often then than "mag" wheels are today.