Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '30 Model A coupe w/inline 6 - final update 7/24

Jantrix

You are making unique choices with this model and that makes it way different which is very refreshing.Too many builders today are too anxious to replicate the same type of car build after build and not think outside of the box now and then.Thanks for sharing your originality with us.

David, Tom, Joe, thanks very much. I appreciate the ataboys. Tom, originality is always what I'm striving for. It's hard to do in the automotive world, so it's a challenge. Joe, the photos are VERY forgiving. It's a three footer for sure. I learned a while back, that my life doesn't allow for more that 4-6 hours of bench time per week. But, until recently I was always swinging for the fences as far as build quality, so I was never finishing anything. So I've decided if I want to finish more than one/two models a year, I gotta decide how much time I want to put in each one. Some models are for the shelf, some for the contest table. It's been a difficult transition, but I'm having more fun building than I was, so it all works out.

I have the day free tomorrow so I'm really hoping to get some more done. 

I hear what you're sayin' Rob. When I built my '56 F-100 it took me 10+ months and I put so much detail into that thing that I don't even handle it now. I took it to a show in SA and it didn't place at all. I think i placed too much emphasis on the details and looking back there were some obvious things I missed concerning the body and side step fit. Since then I placed it in the display cabinet and while I enjoy looking at it , it serves as a reminder of how far not to go. I still detail out an engine or so but as far as running all the brake lines to each wheel and getting everything underneath just so-so......never again.