Model Cars Magazine Forum

1933 Chrysler

Cpt Tuttle

Since I got the will to build back, I keep building while it is still fun.... So time for a prewar classic.

Fit and finish seems nice but I do not like that the body is split in two pieces, will have to sand an ugly seam then...

Yummy, straight eight!

Built this kit a few years back and it goes together very nicely with few fit problems. I used a little chrome foil on the trunk strips, running boards and around the side mounted spares. The three chrome strips on the  leading edge of the rear fenders are missing so I carefully scribed three small trenches on each fender and after painting I used a small amount of glue to glue down small strips of electronic silver solder then sprayed my clear, the solder has remained shiny and glued in place.. The tires are plastic and required painting in white then careful masking before doing the black. The second windshield could be wound down into the body so I cut a slot to fit it into, it now looks more like the real thing and the fit of the windshield is more secure in what otherwise is just a butt joint.. Some engine detailing and the kit was finished. In someways I prefer to builld the Italeri brass era classics better then the Monogram ones (a little better detailing). Painted mine in TS-11 Maroon with a beige interior.

Mine was the first of the pre-war classics that I had built in many years and I was pleased by how well it went together and how impressively big it looks sitting on the shelf. I think you'll really enjoy your build.

No doubt this is my best paintjob ever, I am soooo satisfied!
And this is just out of the rattlecans, no polishing and not even clearcoat on the cream.....
But I think I will leave it this way, I really don't want to mess it up.

It looks excellent to me.

That is beautiful so far. I have had a desire to start building some of these pre-war classics. I picked up the Italeri/Testors 33 Cadillac Town Cabriolet recently for $14. Can't wait to start it and I will pick up a few others soon.

I'll be watching to see how yours turns out.

Later- 

And this is just out of the rattlecans, no polishing and not even clearcoat on the cream.....

Very nice! B)

I'm not a huge fan of building chassis so I am quite thankful that this was easy and straightforward.

Choosing the interior color was easy, oxblood of course.

The construction of the kit is a bit odd, first you glue the firewall to the fenders, then the dash onto the firewall, then the body on the firewall/fender assembly...

The firewall is BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH compared to the old MPC Chrysler, here's how it looks, and since there is no way to make the hood opening easy, I will not give the engine bay too much attention, probably just some wiring on the engine.

I didn't dare to polish it, so I just used some automobile wax to get it even more shiny.

Hello. I started mine many years back, and I recalled the trunk covered the rear of the body so you wouldn't have to sweat the glue line too much. Just went into the shop to get it out of the stash, and remembered that I wasn't overly happy with the lack of tires with whitewalls. I think that's what stalled me. But that was years ago. Love the look of these old big cars. Your's is looking great!

A black wash on the grille makes a huge  difference.

The tyres are one part I do not like, 2 piece hard tyres. Painting whitewalls was not fun either but I think they turned out OK.

Front seat

Thunderstorm and no electricity during the whole day yesterday so I was quite effective at building. Only repainting the spare tyre covers and BMF that's left now.

DSC00511_zpskdsscpvy.jpg

that is just beautiful paint work, you should be proud!

• 2 weeks later...