Model Cars Magazine Forum

Art on Wheels car show 2016

First big car show of the year locally, held in conjunction with the Arts in the Park in Lincoln Park in Danville Illinois. The thunderstorms held off until today (It's storming here right now, actually) unlike the last couple of year, so we had a very good turnout, 128 vehicles total.

http://s281.photobucket.com/user/Longbox55/slideshow/Art on Wheels 2016

Lots of Rally nice Cars n Trucks there Bill. Gald you posted 'em. That Panel Truck brought on a twinge. I had a '60 back in '70 with a 283, ladder on the back and Roof Rack that was really a shallow "basket". Brought back good (and some bad) memories of a time now long gone. 

Very nice.  Does the 300 room and the Blue Bird Cafe still exist?  I met an old gentleman here who told me he used to sell newspapers on the street with Dick Van Dyke.

I don't think they are still around, or at least not with the same names. I'll have to check with the Historical Society to see for sure (I have some friends involved with that).

It is somewhat funny that you mention Dick Van Dyke, he was actually in town over the weekend. They're planning to preserve the house he grew up in, and he was here for the dedication, plus he did some performance work with the local theater group.