Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Models Customer Service?

Guys, Moebius is a tiny little entity.  There may be a total of 5 people that manage a subcontractor that produces small runs of 5,000 to 10,000 kits. You cannot expect them to have a customer service department that covers all the parts you break and lose.  Do the math.

When I screw up something or lose parts, I simply buy another kit. It was my fault and I don't expect anyone to bail me out.  I did that with my Revell '29 Ford and now I have a great parts kit. These companies don't have a factory next door with bins full of parts.  They buy sealed kits from their supplier in China. So every time someone perceives that the body is slightly warped, they have to open a new kit to provide one.

Also, I've heard from  industry folks at how many people try to scam their customer service departments.  For instance when Revell came out with the '66 Chevelle wagon with the custom hoods, suddenly everyone had '66 El Caminos with missing stock hoods.  And kits aren't missing both the tires and wheels.. especially when the rest of the chrome tree the wheels were on is there.   So companies are cautious to what they are replacing these days.  

Edited by Tom Geiger

• 6 months later...

I have bought 6 Moebius automotive kits so far.  Only problem I've ever had was that one of them was missing a decal sheet.

I emailed their customer service explaining the situation, and they quickly responded.  5 days after they told me they sent it, it was in my mailbox (Florida to Indiana).  Doesn't get much better than that.  Absolutely no complaints here.

• 1 year later...

Old news. Moebius  was sold to Pegasus Hobbies in March. 

Steve, I just spoke with Larry of Pegasus Hobbies. He informed me that there is no phone/fax number. I mentioned that you emailed over a week agpand didn't get a reply. He said to resend the inquiry to customerservice@moebiusmodels.com.