Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Models Customer Service?

Good luck with them.  I wrote them about a year ago and I'm still waiting for an answer.  Revell is great when you request a part.  Just post a request in this forum in the "Wanted" section and I'm sure you'll find that part.

Edited by angelo7

I had a issue with a severely warped body on the new Belvedere kit, and they were a great help for me. I had to pay for shipping, understandable as Im in the UK, but it was very reasonable and I had it shipped very quick.

Great service

As I posted in the After Market section some time ago my experience was very disappointing and I was treated with complete disinterest by who ever I talked to on the phone. It is encouraging to hear that others are having much better experience with Moebius. I had a warped  frame in the Ventura kit, a warped body and frame in the Satellite, and a Belvidere that had a warped body and virtually no door lines on the body. The hobby shop where I purchased the kits graciously replaced the Belvedere kit with one they had just received. While the body was still slightly warped it was far from what I originally purchased and at least I had a starting point to scribe the door lines. They gave me some ideas to correct the Satellite body which seem to be working. I had already built the Ventura and the floor pan seamed to almost correct the warped frame and the rest I made up by altering the suspension so that it would sit on all four tires. The disinterest by Moebius to stand behind their product was very sad as I had built several of their Hudson and Chrysler kits and have nothing but the highest praise for these kits on every level. I would put these kits against any other model company's for fit and finish, and the subjects where far more interesting for many ways. The sudden turn in quality and the personal experience that I had just should not be. I do hope that Moebius can correct these issues as I would like to build some of their future models, but I'm in a wait and see position on any future products until I can see where others are not having anymore quality issues.    

I lost half the carburator on the shop floor and requested a replacement from Moebius.  Frank wanted $3 or $4 for a replacement plus postage.  I told him to forget it.

You lost the carburetor and they only wanted $4 to replace the carburetor that you lost? I would of ordered a couple extras just to have, I think that is a good deal.

My one experience was not good.  When I damaged the paint on the 65 Satellite and stripped it, I needed new decals.  I tried for several months to get a decal set from them (and I would be paying for it) but came up empty.  A decal set was sent to me by an acquaintance, but it did not work.  I finally wound up buying, from them, a damaged box version for a lower price.  On the plus side, I discovered the front bumper in my original kit had a chrome blob and scratch in a conspicuous place, and the damaged box kit has a clean bumper.

Finally finish assembling this kit.

I had a missing piece from one of their monster kits...they wanted $4 for it plus postage...I needed the part so had no choice but to pay the price. In my opinion since the part was never included in the kit to begin with they should have sent it to me for nothing (like Revell does).

Like the quality of their kits...thier customer service apparently varies quite a bit.

It seems to me their products should be getting better with each kit but that doesn't seem to be the case....very disappointing to me.

Edited by mike 51

As I've stated elsewhere my Belvedere body is quite warped. I e-mailed them and even offered to pay for postage as they would have to ship it here to Canada. The response was build the model and if the body is still warped then we'll consider your offer of paying for postage. Not impressed.

Interesting how their customer service is all over the place, from perfect to non-existent. I wonder what would explain such a wide variety of experiences you guys have had.

Maybe it depends on who's on "duty"....or the day of the week?

I find this all very interesting as well! I have a number of Moebius kits and I have yet to have any issue with any of them. My only complaint is that I can't wait to see what they come up with next! Patiently waiting for that Mercury Cyclone!

If I do have one "nit" it's that the hood on the '69 Ford truck is ever so slightly warped----no big deal as I can straighten that out as I want it to hold on the body a bit better, and not just sit there with the chance of it sliding off unexpectedly. :o

I find this all very interesting as well! I have a number of Moebius kits and I have yet to have any issue with any of them. My only complaint is that I can't wait to see what they come up with next! Patiently waiting for that Mercury Cyclone!

If I do have one "nit" it's that the hood on the '69 Ford truck is ever so slightly warped----no big deal as I can straighten that out as I want it to hold on the body a bit better, and not just sit there with the chance of it sliding off unexpectedly. :o

The hood for my Moebius 71 Ford Ranger was badly warped, When sitting on a flat surface ONE corner would sit about 1/2" off of the surface. It was fixable with a hair drier and some cold water. Warping is a very common defect of Moebius kits.

Edited by dshue76

While I really love the models they are putting out, my experience building the Ranger was not good. Warped parts galore. I sold the Ventura I'd recently bought as I just didn't want another headache.

I still have the Chrysler 300B in the stash, and am still quite tempted by the Hornet. How do those two rank overall in terms of issues?

Maybe it depends on who's on "duty"....or the day of the week?

I believe there is just one person on duty from my understanding.

But, the one and only time I had to deal with them, it was decent, I need a new roof piece for the Lonestar, paid the $4.

Edited by martinfan5

I had a warped Satellite body, I emailed them and they replied to run it under hot water. Not the answer I was looking for, especially since I had already tried to repair it. I emailed photos of the body to them and they sent me a new one no charge. Not even shipping. 

....all  I will toss in here is that Revell treated me poorly over the phone, and in providing the wrong part when needed to replace damaged parts in a new, sealed store bought kit back in 2008... that's the end of one cent of mine ever going to them....as for Moebius, I have heard nothing but this type of problem and complaint long before this thread. they figure because they make some long awaited subject matter now, they rule the roost,,,,well, guess what....they don't. its over priced, overrated , and with the attitude regarding service they have, they won't last....just wait awhile and see. it will end up that to make ends meet and keep their bean counters happy, the kits will end up getting dumped at discount joints like many other products. I read what some members above mentioned about telling the customer to run his kit body under hot water, or another saying to send parts out he had to pay the shipping...its insulting to say the least.....I personally watched a customer open 3 of the 65 Plymouths at a local shop a month ago, and all 3 were bent...nice, drop over a hundred bucks for junk like that....Round 2  may produce reissues, however when it comes to service, tradition, and all else, they will always be number one.........the Ace......-_-.....yeah, yeah, I know, the flak will start flying my way anytime now.....go ahead....make my day....:P

Edited by AC Norton
text

In my case they said they had no kit available to get the part from.  They stated a price for part plus shipping that I thought acceptable.  It was my fault that I damaged the finish as I was assembling the model and needed to strip and repaint.  However, after several check backs by email that yielded no product available, I sought out another source that was helpful with the decals.  The bad news is the decals didn't work. 

Trying again with Moebius, there was no decal sheet available but a damaged kit available for X dollars, including shipping.  I debated, at that point, of putting the kit in the box and writing it off.  But, since I was given the kit, I felt obliged to see it through, so ordered the damaged kit, which really was only a damaged box.  Now why they couldn't pull the decal sheet out of the damaged box and send per original request (four months time line) is unknown.  I decided to get it.

I have bought the 61 Ventura but likely not going to have a go at it until after we move.  Hopefully, there will be a better experience.  I also have the Lonestar kit and hope things go well with that also.

While I really love the models they are putting out, my experience building the Ranger was not good. Warped parts galore. I sold the Ventura I'd recently bought as I just didn't want another headache.

I still have the Chrysler 300B in the stash, and am still quite tempted by the Hornet. How do those two rank overall in terms of issues?

Don't know about the 300B but I built the Hornet and it was a fantastic kit with no issues at all.