Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1/12 camaro

kpnuts

Hi all well I'm enjoying the 1/8 hot rod immensely and I think it has rekindled my mojo so I've made a start on this 

(still not confident enough to do any more to my ships) firstly a warning to all, careful how you stack your stash, this was OK when I put it away but there were 4 heavyish kits on it.

Those who know me will know I hardly ever do as the box art.

Hi all I've had a blue Peter moment with this kit, I've heard of bmf and thought maybe i could make some.

Take a reel of double sided sticky tape and stick it to the back of some bacofoil 

Cut from the tape side (the foil all rucks up if you try it from the foil side.

Hi all well my son came round today for a bbq (his sisters birthday) and I showed him this he said there's only one colour scheme for a camaro and that's black and yellow, I said no this is the older version but he gave me a lecture about how at the beginning of the film he had the older version it only transformed to the new on later in the film. Anyway it's my model and this is how it's staying, here's tonight's bit.

This is a great looking start to an awesome looking offering.....I'm really liking the wheels....I've got 2 of these in the garage, and I didn't know it came with all those wheels.....Never looked very closely at the contents.....Very nice work, so far.....

I didn't even know there was a section for large scale models..... :huh:

Wow......I've got some browsing to do...... :D

Hi all off to hunstanton over the weekend so no modeling, but this is what I'm thinking for the interior of this, do you think it will go with the silver or should I do some orange or gold hi lights, also should I leave it as cloth or satin finish it.

Lookin good bro. I just started on the same kit. Building a drag radial car, either to x275 or X315 specs , if I can track down the right tires.

Did you run across any fitting issues? So far for me, everything looks right.

Edited by John Clutch

Hi all well I've made a bit of a booby on this, tried polishing the paint to get a better shine and on the side I polished through to the primer a bit so will have to get some more pound land silver, anyway here is the latest update.

This kit seems to be going together very well, all seems to be a good fit, I must admit she's a beautiful looking car, not really surprising it was designed at the peak of American car design, before all car manufacturers started to build cars that were indistinguishable from their rivals, I love this period and before when you could tell one car from another at 300 yards, whereas nowadays you have to get within 10 feet to tell if it's a Ford or a Citroën. 

Hi all well it's finished, not great but not rubbish either, wish I was better at this but at least it's presentable, I think I'm on the right track, I'm quite pleased with the paint job, quality could be much better but I like the style of it 

And as you can see I'm running out of room maybe time to start binning stuff

And as you can see I'm running out of room maybe time to start binning stuff

Binning stuff?? Ok, I can take the Camaro AND the rod for you, will that help? ;)

Seriously, loving the Camaro Kenneth, the paint is just enough and doesn't look stock, and I really like your weathering technique...the under side and those exhaust headers look amazing mate. :)

I'm a bit of a Camaro nut and love this build very much. Thumbs up!!

Hi Greg, shame you live so far away you would be welcome to both of them, unfortunately it would probably cost more than the models cost to post them and they probably wouldn't survive the journey anyway, that 32 ford I only have to look at and bits fall off it.

Thanks for the kind words anyway.

• 1 month later...