Model Cars Magazine Forum

'62 Dodge - Johan rebuild

purvissp

Here is an old Johan kit I traded from a friend to rebuild. This was not a glue bomb, but had been built back in the 70's and was in need of a rebuild. I did have to jazz up that engine and little bit and upgraded to a Max Wedge. I build mostly stock. Hope I don't bore you with stock builds.

62dart1.jpg

62dart2.jpg

62dart3.jpg

Now thats something tou dont see everyday , nice build , in my opinion "stock" is the hardest to do and builders are more of a finicky crowd and I mean that in a good way and their builds are always a pleasure to look at with the work that goes into them..

Bore me with a stock build?? Never!! :D

That's a nice clean build of a not-so-often-seen car. Not a beautiful car compared to the later '63's styling wise......but much nicer than the absolutely grotesque '61 models! :shock:

Yes, us factory stock guys have it a little tougher than the rest due to such things as BMF, paint colors etc.....:lol:..............but they're my favorite type of builds, especially if it's something I used to see on a daily basis as a kid.

Keep showin' us more of your stock builds! :mrgreen: